CHAPTER 32

"Is Mr. Jung in his lecture?" I hear, my head nodding immediately as I turn Sunghoon's way. He sighs, shaking his head. "He certainly loves them... for some reason—Anyway—"

I chuckle, shaking my head. He halts, however, and stares at my neck. Oh—the necklace...

"Is that the one I gave you?" He asks, making me blink.

"Yes?" It came out more like a question, causing me to sigh and give it up. "No, actually—"

"What happened?" He asks, frowning. "Did you break it?"

"Not me, but um... Heeseung accidentally did," I explain, scratching my head. "I wanted to make him jealous, and he tried to pull it off—and it broke. Okay then, it sounds like my fault—which it probably is. Gah, Sunghoon, I'm so sorry—"

"You used my necklace as a way to emit jealousy?" Sunghoon narrows his eyes, frowning as he scoffs. "I get you guys are dating and all, but seriously?"

"I know, I sound so horrible, and I'm really sorry. If you want, I can pay you back—"

"Forget it, I've already had enough the moment you ended the call on me two days ago."

"Huh? Sunghoon, that was not my intention, and—"

"You were with Heeseung this weekend, right?" He questions instantly, looking at me. "You couldn't even tell me straight—I had to figure it out from Jungwon."

"Sunghoon, I'm sorry, okay? How many times must I apologize—"

"An apology can't fix a broken heart, Jae Iseul!" He yells, causing me to widen my eyes. "I know I was supposed to accept it, yes, but out of all the times you complained about hyung being rude, hating him, relying on me—I'd at least want you to give me some consideration."

"Sunghoon, I did. I could only think of you as a friend—"

"Out of all the years, I've known you—ever since high school—have you ever thought about reciprocating my feelings?" He asks, hurt. "Let me rephrase that, actually—If you never knew about my feelings, would you still have given me a chance?"

I stay silent, sighing. "Sunghoon, I have never thought of you more... than my best friend. I'm sorry."

"Right, right," He laughs, scowling. "Never anything more, okay—then tell me, that day at the winter break party, your question."

"What question?"

"What if someone you knew... did something bad against you and I knew?" He recites slowly, causing me to freeze up. "Is there something you know... that I don't? And you're choosing not to tell me... why?"

"It was just a question, there was no intent otherwise—"

"If that's true, why did you come out of Heeseung's room that night?"

"How the hell did you know I even went in?"

"Answer me, Jae Iseul," He demands, crossing his arms. "What did you do in his room? Hell, why did you even go in?! Did you do something bad?"

"What the hell, Sunghoon?!" I gasp, pointing at him. "You think I'd do something horrible with someone I just met?!"

"Well, from your expression, it sure seems like it," He hisses. "So tell me, Iseul, what the hell did you and Heeseung decide to say to each other? Did you love him then, is that why you couldn't make a decision—"

I push him to the ground, my fists clenching as I wish to slap him so hard. The worst I could do was push him—I couldn't bring myself to hurt him more.