CHAPTER 34

(LONG CHAPTER INCOMING, NI-KI'S CHAPTER)

I adventure through the boy's dormitory, boys looking my way. I throw threatening looks as they finally switch gazes, trying to find Ni-Ki.

Finally, as I pass by the dance department, I hear a familiar song. It stops me as I turn that way, seeing Ni-Ki dancing with a friend. His arms move smoothly as he pushes around gravity—all as if it were a toy. He smiles as the song ends, high-fiving his friend. 

They do it a few more times as I wait outside, watching as he slowly perfects his moves. It's only been two days since they supposedly disbanded, so I know he's still pondering about it. I should give all of the seven boys some time—especially Sunoo and Heeseung.

I'm glad we figured out a solution to Jungwon's problems, however—considering he was one of the most severe. Too bad it was a simpler, more realistic ending than a dramatic one. Imagine if his mom was all like—

'No! I won't allow it, get out of my sight!' and stuff.

And I'm like—

'No, listen, please! Your son has potential!'

And she's all like—

'I don't want you as my son's friend anymore!'

And then she pays me money to like... leave him?
You've seen that before, right?

Ah, what a k-drama that would be.

Why am I even thinking like this? Am I okay? I think I've officially lost it.

Finally, Ni-Ki peeks a sight at me, blinking before widening his eyes. I beckon for him to come outside, the boy hesitating as he looks toward his friend. Luckily, Ni-Ki accepts my dull offer, telling his friend that he'll be leaving. Ni-Ki quickly packs up his things, running through the door and meeting me outside. I grab his things from his hands, the younger watching me intensely. "Let's go take you somewhere to eat. I want to discuss a few things."

We walk out and off of campus, setting our eyes on a diner. As we walk there, he shoves his hands in his coat pockets, reserved. "Is... it about the hyungs?"

"It is," I answer truthfully, clearing my throat. "Say, Ni-Ki, do you still want to be a part of the band after it all?"

"What's 'after it all' to you, Iseul?" He asks me, pulling up the collar of his jean jacket. "About the drunk driving accident? Or about everything I heard in that room?"

"Whatever you want to call it," I exhale, blowing air from my mouth. "I know you're not feeling great—considering that you sweat yourself out and overexert yourself when you're in a tight spot."

"I don't know what to choose, to be honest, then," He crosses his arms, frowning. "It was hard enough to know that Heeseung hyung was drunk driving—and maybe that's why he doesn't drive anymore. It's hard enough to know that he's done so much harm to us—but he regrets it so bad."

"So, would you forgive him?"

"...Not immediately," He gulps, licking his lips. "However, I still want to be a part of the group, whether or not I will forgive him or not. Everyone deserves second chances—some more than others—but he's always made up for it. Too bad Heeseung hyung only told you—I'd appreciate an apology then rather than finding out now. It was all a blur thinking about it in the administrator's office."

"Can you tell me what happened in there?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. "In exchange, you can ask me anything as well."

"Hm, okay," He agrees, nodding. "I wasn't there for long—all I was there for was his talk. Then, after the admin left for a while, Heeseung told us everything—and I mean... everything."