Part 18

I have my arm resting on the center council when I feel Daniels hand brush past my hand which sent a wave of chills down my spine. I keep my hand there because I am frozen in place. I soon feel his hand close to mine again. After a few more seconds, he rests his hand on top of mine and I smile a little while I am looking out of my window. After a couple minutes I look over at Daniel and he has a smirk on his face.
D: What are you looking at?
He asks without turning to look at me.
Y/n: Nothing.
D: You sure, I think you were checking out some handsome dude.
I roll my eyes playfully at him.
D: I'm just kidding.
We drive the rest of the way while we both sit there in a comfortable silence while his hand is still resting on mine and I really like his hand being there.

We arrive at a furniture store where we can pick out a couch because I feel like that is a main priority. As we are walking in the store there is a group of guys all standing around an old sketchy looking truck and most of then have cigarettes in their hands. They are all looking at me and kind of checking me out which was making me really uncomfortable. I think Daniel realized how uncomfortable I was because he grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it while the other guys were watching. I was really happy that he did that because it made me feel better, but I also liked the feeling of him holding my hand and acting as more than a friend. After what already happened today, I feel my feelings for Daniel grow stronger. When we entered the store and were walking through it, he didn't let go of my hand even though we were out of sight of the group of guys. He kept holding on and I was happy about that. We made it to the couch section and we were trying to find one that would match the design I was going for. Daniel had to let go of my hand to look around which I dreaded and I wished he didn't have to take his hand away.
D: What about this one?
Y/n: I like it. Its neutral, so it will go with a lot of things
D: I think this one is the winner

Daniel went with a medium grey couch. It was in an L-shape and looked really comfortable.
Y/n: I honestly feel like I live there too now or something because I'm helping with the decor and the furniture.
D: Well it can be your home away from home.
I smiled when he said that. I liked that. My home away from home.

One of the employees helped us bring it out to the car, then we went back to his apartment to set it up. Daniel is good at building things, so I was pretty much useless and just sat there as he put I together. I had to hold something for him every once in a while, but that is pretty much all that I helped with.

We were both sitting on the finished couch to test it out. We were right next to each other and Daniel had his arm around me. I was very comfortable and didn't want to move out of his arms as usual. It was time for me to get home even though I didn't want to leave Daniel even, but I knew I had to.

Y/n: I should probably go now, can you drive me home?
D: Yeah, but just a few more minutes.
He apparently didn't want me to get up just yet either which I thought was really cute. At least we both got what we wanted. I lifted my head off of his shoulder and looked into his eyes.
Y/n: I seriously need to go though.
D: Why cant you stay longer?
Y/n: I need to get home to spend time with Lindsay.
D: I need you here with me to keep me company.
He gives me puppy dog eyes as he tries to convince me to stay, but I look away so I don't fall into his trap. 
Y/n: Come on, lets go.
I say as I am still looking away afraid that he is still trying to convince me with his eyes.

Daniel still doesn't let go of me when I try to get up, which causes me to look at him. His expression has changed and it is almost like he is now admiring me. I've noticed him doing this before, but he would stop when I looked at him. This time his face stayed the same. He was now looking me right in the eye. I stared into his ocean eyes getting lost deep inside of them. I notice he looks down to my lips for a second then back up at my eyes. Soon I realize his face is getting closer to mine until there is no space left between us.