Chapter 25

Jennie stared at her reflection from her full-length mirror. 

She is dressed in a royal blue dress with a sweetheart neckline and a box pleated skirt that stops a few inches above her knee, accentuating the length of her legs. Applied on her face was light and natural makeup—earth-tone eyeshadow, peachy blush, and pinkish coral lipstick. Her hair was styled half-up with the ends loosely curled.

She looked sweet and elegant, a perfect vibe to exude when you're trying to impress someone, especially your would-be husband.

Today, Jennie is finally meeting the youngest son of the owner of Kim's hotel group, the man he'll be marrying in two months.

If her life was a fairytale, she would have been dancing and twirling to imaginary music as she envisions herself walking down the aisle towards her prince charming. Unfortunately, her life is a Mexican telenovela—designed to be very dramatic. And so, she was dolefully staring at her reflection instead, feeling sorry that the beauty of the dress she's wearing is used for something so ingenuine like an arranged marriage.

Jennie didn't notice tears were falling from her eyes until she saw droplets on her vanity.

Things would have been bearable if Yoongi was here. He knows exactly what to say to make her feel better even at the dreadful moments of her life. But what makes it more painful is knowing that Yoongi wouldn't be here for her cause he was the one who put her in this situation in the first place. She has to deal with this alone. Maybe from now on, that's how things will work, and she should start accepting it.

Her deep pondering was called to halt after a series of soft knocks on her door. As quickly as she could, she wiped her tears using her hands and fixed herself before answering.

"Come in," She said.

The door opened, revealing Chinsun, her personal maid, that she'd like to call one of her friends as she is about the same age as her.

"The Kims have already arrived and are just parking their car. Madame Kim is asking you to be in the dining hall right now," Chinsun said in an urgent tone.

"Okay. I'll come with you." Jennie said as she grabbed the matching blue handkerchief the designer prepared along with her dress.

Going into the dinner, the first she'll have with her future husband and his family, Jennie doesn't know what to expect. She doesn't know the man. The only thing she knew is that he is the youngest son of the Kim household. Her mom tried to warm her up by telling her stories about her future husband, how great of a son he was and how perfect of a husband he would be, and all that jazz that Jennie didn't even once listened to.