Chapter 3

Author's Note:

I just finished my LTIL book! If you haven't read it, visit my profile! I will also be adding another story, maybe in the middle of this book? Just because I have a lot of ideas lately. Follow me to get an update about my new works.

I hope you like this chapter! I really want to portray how A-High's students see the Elite Circle, and I also want you to get inside the main character's thoughts since the succeeding chapters will probably show less of it.

Also, let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment down below!

-pastelppscle

The 7th of January is an important day for A-High University.

This day marks the opening of classes for the second semester and the beginning of another year in A-High. In line with this, the whole campus is in festive mode. Each corner is decorated with banners and lanterns, random students are giving out treats that range from a candy to a Louis Vuitton wallet, clubs are setting up their booths, while the student government is particularly busy making sure that new students for the semester are warmly welcomed and assisted and that everything generally goes well.

It could be an ideal university for most people. Who wouldn't want a party in the first week of classes, right? No one.

Well, No one but Park Chaeyoung.

She stood in front of A-High's gigantic front building, staring indifferently at the glamorous structure that resembles a 5-star hotel than a university and the luxuriously styled students that enter its gates. Every noise inside the campus was heard from where she is at. The screams from the students in the booth, the sounds of drums and trumpets from what seemed like a marching band, cars honking, teachers shouting--all of these aren't what she had in mind when she first envisioned one of Seoul's most prestigious University.

She adjusted her thick round-frame eyeglasses from its bridge and tightened her grip on the small envelope she's been holding ever since she left her apartment. After doing so, she finally decides to enter the campus.

"Annyeong!" She almost jumped when two of the students lined out at the entrance greeted her in unison. They might be student government officers or volunteers. But she immediately noticed that they were tasked to welcome new students because each of them had weirdly huge placards with the words "Welcome to A-High! I will be your assistant!" hanging on their necks.

She didn't reply. Instead, she just bowed down at the two.

"You're a new student here?" The taller girl asked. Her full lips, which is probably the most attractive part of her face, were colored red. She wore gray contact lenses in her slightly wide set of eyes. She had long black hair straightened to perfection. To match her seductive face is a body that seemed to be like that of a model.

"Of course, she is! She's not wearing a uniform, Unnie!" The other girl said, pointing out her baggy baby pink sweater, which she paired with skinny jeans and white converse. She was significantly shorter than the other. She had such a pretty round face, a thin set of lips, and a prominent philtrum. Her brown hair was curled at the ends with a tiny bow clipped on one side.