|64|

THE NEXT MORNING:
Ta'Tiana's POV:
I wake up after some of the best sleep I've had in a minute, but dread that I'm awake.

Ta'Tiana girl, get it together.

I lay awake looking at the ceiling trying to put my new puzzle together. Moping about it isn't gonna get me anywhere and that's not how a bad bitch like me handles shit, life gives me lemons I make chick-fil-a frosted lemonade, won't catch me lacking a second longer.

So Jonathan's gone...I can't beg him to come back, if this isn't what he wants then it's his loss. I was fine before him I'll find a way to be fine without him once more. And I wouldn't take him back at this point, you don't walk out on the person you love, especially when she's got your baby, that's some coward ass shit. I just didn't expect it from him.

And about this baby...I understand that many people aren't comfortable with abortions, killing a life. But this is my life too, and I'd never want to bring my baby into a world that's not ready for it. I'd never want my kid to miss out on shit because Mommy doesn't have the money. I want to give my kid the best possible chance. But look at me, I'm definitely not struggling. I've got me a nice ass house, a susccessful ass brokerage. Me and my baby could still have the world. Nobody's ever ready  to be a mother. But financially I am. And yes I also understand that money isn't all you need to have a baby, but I have all the love in the world in my heart. I want my baby to have a family, I want her to have daddy and a mommy who show them what love is. Because I know how hard it is to grow up with just one parent. But like I said before, I've got so much love in me, I've got the love of two parents. And lovable ass me, I know I'll find another man, he'd love me and my baby more than the world and my kid would still grow up seeing love. I'd find a way.

So it's fuck jonathan and I'm keeping my baby and we are going to be great.

I walk to the bathroom and get in the shower, rinsing off my hurt from last night, rinsing it through my hair, rinsing off the me that needs him. I got this.

But still somethings just not sitting right with me. Something felt off about Jonathan's voice last night. But I know I'm probably just thrown off by the words he said, maybe I'm just in denial because he said things I never in a million years expected to hear from him.

He doesn't want to be with me.

I'll move on, I'll get over it.

I walk downstairs in a better mood and more of my soft silk pajamas.

My promise ring lightly taps on the fridge door as I open it and my eyes rest on it. It warms my heart, still. When I see it I don't think fuck Jonathan or damn Jonathan how could you do this, I think about how much I love him, and how much I know he loves me and I think joy at everything we would've been. And I don't think that'll ever change, despite him leaving me, he can't change what we once were and I'm grateful for the memory, so no, the ring still isn't coming off.

I grab me some yogurt and a container of fruit and go to sit on the couch. Turning on the television. News.

I try to change the Chanel but the remote wants to trip, so I lift the remote into the air and turn it over, which works of course, and flip through the guide while the news plays in the background. I listen while I look for something else.

This is breaking news, coming in right now, David Brewster who goes by the stage name Dave East, has escaped the California state prison.

=============================

...spam it hoe🤭