|65|

Previously, in NO GAMES X DABABY:

I grab me some yogurt and a container of fruit and go to sit on the couch. Turning on the television. News.

I try to change the Chanel but the remote wants to trip, so I lift the remote into the air and turn it over, which works of course, and flip through the guide while the news plays in the background. I listen while I look for something else.

This is breaking news, coming in right now, David Brewster who goes by the stage name Dave East, has escaped the California state prison.

...

Serving time for multiple drug and murder charges, David Brewster was discovered to have escaped this morning at 10am. This man is dangerous and potentially armed, please be on the lookout and call...

I drop the remote. My heart drops to my stomach. Breath catching in my throat.

He's out, what is he gonna do-

Jonathan.

I knew something sounded off. David could have been out since last night and he literally tried to kill Jonathan before he got arrested and now he's out and Jonathan is gone.

How could I be so stupid, to really think Jonathan would just dump me over the phone like that out of the complete blue when things were going great, I get that maybe he did have his own doubts about the baby but the Jonathan on the phone with me last night? That wasn't even like him.

And I think to the way he said my name, he sounded scared, and what he said.

Baby listen to me

And then I know I heard something in the background, like a hard hit or a thud, and then his whole demeanor changed.

His voice got so cold and he sounded so mad. I should've known something was wrong.

Who knows what could be happening to him right now, and if he's already dead, oh god lord please, please bring my baby back home.

what do I do, I don't know where Dave would be and I only know where Jon isn't, I don't even know if they're still in California. I head upstairs to get my phone when my doorbell rings. Angela.

I open the door and she pulls me into a tight hug, making tears rush down my face all over again because now I'm really lost, it doesn't stop.

"Sweetie sit down, you gotta relax." she pulls aways and studies my face, holding my hands.

"Angela he's been kidnapped, I know it."

Her face screws up in complete confusion, "What? Tati-"

"Daves out, he escaped prison, and I know jonathan didn't just leave me, and dave tried to kill him before he got locked up, jon set his trap house on fire, I know daves got something to do with this."

Angela walks me over to the couch and sits me down, looking at me with concern. "Now Tati I hear you, and you know  I believe you but I just dont want you to end up jumping to conclusions or making excuses for jonathan.  I know you love him but look at this from a mother's point of view cuz I've seen a lot of bullshit. Jonathan already has a baby and now your pregnant too, you finna be another baby mama for him, you think he can handle that? Because judging based on his options and the back n forth he's put you and his first baby mama through I dont think he can. he doesn't always think like a man, so running away from his responsibilities, in my mind it's just another little boy move of his. I'm not saying he doesn't love you Ta'Tiana but you cant expect just love to turn a boy into a man."

"But Dave-"

"Ta'Tiana nobody wants to be in prison! That boy was smart enough to get his lies past you I think he can get his guys to help him out of jail, that man had shit to do before he met you or jon, I'm sure he would've escaped regardless of why he's in prison, this could have nothing to do with jonathan."

I sigh and put my head back. I don't want to believe what she's saying but I know she could be right. It's hard not to reflect on the back and forth from before, on how he up and left me out the blue for meme.

"Angela we've grown so much since then."

She puts her hands up in surrender, "I'm just trying to look out for you Ta'Tiana."

"I know mama and I appreciate but at the same time I feel this in my gut, I know somethings off, and I can't just sit back and be like oh no Jonathan just full of shit when the guy who literally had it out for him is running loose. I can't just brush it off and let something happen to him, thats not just my boyfriend thats a man I love with my whole heart and the father of my child. and I know he wouldn't just leave me out the blue."

"isn't that what happened the first time?"

I sigh.

Angela sighs. "I say just make sure he didn't walk out on you again, talk to his babymama, if he went back to her, at least she shole ain't gone lie about it."

I scoff. "You right about that."

LATER THAT DAY:

I sit in Meme's driveway rubbing my stomach. Its the stubborn in me. Ion got shit to say to that bitch but Angela said I need to ask her abt Jonathan before I decide hes been kidnapped. And shes right, cuz if he just went back to bein wit her, she shole gone be happy to let me know.

And he better the hell not be or he gone be boo'd up wit the mighty lord next cuz I shole will rock his shit.

I swallow my pride and walk up to the front door, ringing the door bell. And ion mean to be petty or nun but this ghetto bitch doorbell prolly dont even work, so i knock too.

"Damn! Think I aint hear you the first time? Im comin, shit."

I roll my eyes. I'm already too tired for this shit.

She swing the door open and make a face, "fuck no. hell you want, yo ass got a lot of nerve bringin yo lightskin ass to my house."

"Girl watch what you say cuz if I can whoop yo ass sittin in a car imagine my advantage standin up. You already know how my lightskin ass get down." I return the look, this hoe gone bring out my souf memphis today. I'm tired, my head hurt, I don't know where the fuck my man is or even if he's alive this bitch could shole get some, I need to let this out, let her say one mo thing outta pocket. "Look imma make this quick cuz don't neither one of us want me here right now, have you heard from john since last night?"

She eyes me up and down, gaze resting on the promise ring he gave me"...why"

"Have you or no, cuz if he hasnt come to you then somethings not right bc he's gone."

Her whole demenor changes, "Fuck you mean gone?"

"He told me hes leaving me and the shit aint sound right specially out the blue, and its just a lot going on so Im coming to you, as a woman, trying to figure what the next step needs to be because something not right. "

"Well I havent heard from him from him since he dropped off serenity last week." She looks me dead in my eyes and I know shes telling the truth.

I sigh, "Okay well thanks Meme, that's all."

"well look cuz if he's not with me, where else would he be Ta'Tiana" I can hear the worry in her voice and same.

I just shrug, fighting tears because where else would he be? I've got no fucking clue. Dave's trap house has been destroyed, and my brokerage resold his other house a month after he was arrested.

I drive home anxiously gripping the wheel and shakily rubbing my stomach, trying to figure out the next step.

============================

...spam it up

hoe

❤️