|44|

THAT NIGHT:
Jonathan's POV:
I hate hospitals.

They stank.

They cold.

They boring.

They crispy.

They too loud.

They too quiet.

They too lonely.

I lay my head back and try to fall asleep but the dumb ass machine keep beeping in my damn ear and my body too sore.

There's a small knock at the door, and I know it ain't no nurse cuz them bitches just walk in on a nigga.

"Come in." My voice is all hoarse. 

I see tati walk in with an expression on her face I can't read.

I scrunch my face up in confusion. "what you doin here pooh."

"I had to make sure you weren't dead."

"I ain't dead."

"So you're gonna be alright?"

"Yeah mama Imma be aight."

She looks at my bandages, and I see a switch in her expression. "I wish I would've beat him to you."

"Huh?"

"Jon the shit you did, if I had known I would've done more damage than dave ever could have, what the fuck is wrong with you, what makes you think you have the right to tell him to leave me?"

"You deserve better than that nigga."

"I deserve better than both of ya'll niggas! He on some shady fuck shit sure, but you a sore ass loser, you left me for a bitch that couldn't even compare jon, face it, and when I moved on and got happy you tried to take that away from me and it's not fair."

"I left meme."

"And? How many times have you done that jon, that don't mean shit to me." She looks at me with the most disgusted expression.

"You came here to make me feel bad?"

"Nah I came here to make sure you were okay."

"Why it matter to you if I'm okay." At this point I'm mad as fuck, she so stubborn not even me being on the verge of death would make her want me back.

"Because no matter how bad you do me, I love the fuck outta you, that shit ain't gone change, I got up at 1am to bail you out of jail, and I didn't just do it for serenity, I wanted to see you, I lunged at that nigga when he had a loaded gun in his hand, because I needed you to be okay, that's stupid love." She wipes her eyes before any tears can fall.

"Tati."

She shakes her head, flipping me off and walking out of the hospital room, leaving me lonely and more fucked up than before.

I'm sick of being the reason she cries.

I look down at all the bandages Im wrapped in, think back to the pain in her voice, think back to how bright and happy and strong she was when I met her and how tired and hurt she looks now, and yeah she right, it is all my fault.

I gotta leave that girl alone.

1 WEEK LATER:
Ta'Tiana's POV:
They guard pats me down and lets me through the door. A loud buzzer going off when the door closes. 

I walk to an empty chair and pick up the phone, seeing him sit down on the other side of the glass.

He picks up the phone on his side and sends me a small smile.