|68|

THE NEXT MORNING:
"You hungry we need to stop for some food?"
Agent David looks at me from the drivers seat of his Cadillac.

And the 20 minute detour wouldn't throw the day off too far, but I wanna get to Jon asap. "It's gone be food on the plane right?" I rub my seat belt anxiously.

"Yeah it'll be some snacks." He says, glancing me up and down.

And he knows I caught the weird in his stare.

"I'm jus sayin, it ain't no short flight, you sure?"

"Yeah, imma be alright." I let outta a sigh thas meant to be calm but comes out shaky. Agent David don't provide me no typa comfort like Dionte does. I've said it before, the man intimidates me. And now I'm finna be on a flight with just him and his men, maybe I should have Angela with me, or Kane, but none of them would let me come to Hawaii in the first place, so I'm on my own and I have to just trust the process.

I still haven't even told Angela that I'm coming. I plan to just call her as soon as I'm finna get on the plane so there's not much she can do.

And before I know it we're pulling up to the private plane.

Angela's POV:
"We're finna take off Mama, I'll let you know when I land safe."

"Tati!-"

The call ends. I slam my phone down in frustration. This girl, she don't listen! And she gone get herself hurt dammit.

I call the cops, tell them everything I know, then I call Dionte, the agent I wish she would've listened to, and tell him everything too.

Imma beat Tati ass when I see her.

Ta'Tiana's POV:
I know Angela pissed wit me right now but this sum I gotta do.

My nerves right now are off the charts though. I feel some of the guys on the plane staring at me and try to distract myself on my phone, my fingers bring me to Jon's last voicemail to me right away, it's become habit since he went missing and calms me down every-time.

"hey mama, i know you probably goin through a lot right now, i know yo head is in a lot of different places and I wish I could be there by your side pooh but listen to me, imma be home before you know it, just hold on, you my lil trooper just wait on me aight,  trust me I'm comin, I love you.

aye aye, and to our lil munchkin chillin in yo stomach, I love you too itty bit, imma see ya'll in a minute

I luh you bae, see you soon, mmmmuuuuah"

I smile a small smile. I close my eyes and drift off.

FIVE-ISH HOURS LATER:
"Tati."

I wake up to agent Davis crouched over in front of me, all in my face.

"Let's go."

"We landed?"

He nods.

"Oh we finna go to the hotel?"

"We at the house."

My stomach drops, " wait so...dont you wanna send your guys in first to check everything out? Why don't none of them got they vests on?"

Agents Davis' eyes shift, "Tatiana let's go."

"What? No, y'all haven't even checked to see what's goin on in there-"

And then I feel a fist collide with the side of my head and everything goes black.
=============================
🫣spam it up hoe