Of Commitment (Hessa) - part 16

Tessa's POV

I close the door and I go downstairs where I find Hardin on the couch. He has a glass of something in it. I don't look at him and I go in the kitchen, I drink some water and I go back in the living room to check the door.

"Let's go to sleep." He stands up.

"You are going alone to sleep, Hardin. If you really think that I will forgive you too fast, you are wrong. You really don't know what is a marriage. Your problems become mine and mine become yours. But what you said it was unbelievable, Hardin and I don't want to see or talk to you soon."

"But Tess..."

"No. Not today, Hardin."

I leave him alone and I go in my room to sleep. I've had enough with his stupid ideas.

The next day, when I wake up, it's almost 9 am. Alice is still sleeping, so I get up and I let her to sleep. I go downstairs and I go in the kitchen where I find Hardin drinking coffee.

"Tess... I'm sorry. I overreacted last night. I know I am an asshole..."

"Yes, you are." I make me a coffee and I sit down.

"Forgive me..."

"It's not that easy, Hardin. It not ok to treat me in this way."

"I was too angry, Tessa! And I still am!"

"Then try to calm down because she need your support. She doesn't want to hear what your parents said."

"But she's too young for this, Tessa!"

"This could happen to everyone! And you want to know something? She told me that it was a mistake. They were using protection! So, stop. This could happen to us, Hardin. So, don't be a jerk."

"Bullshit! You really believe her?!"

"Yes, I do!"

"Why?!"

"Because she's honest! That's why! You are her brother! You should support her! You want to know what your parents told her? They told her to abort the baby."

"And she should do this."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"As I said, she is too young for a fucking baby, Tessa!"

"I can't believe you! You and your fucking family are insane and I don't want to do this anymore. Go fuck yourself, Hardin!"

I throw my coffee in the sink and I go upstairs in my room. I take a bag and I put there some clothes and what else I need.

"Alice, wake up! Let's go from here."

"What? Where?"

"I don't know. But I don't want to stay here anymore."

"I should leave, Tessa. Not you. I fucked up everything between you and Hardin and..."

"No, you didn't do anything. He is a jerk and he needs some free time."

"But you and him..."

"He is stupid, Alice. He is too selfish and it's not going to work if he continues to be this way."

I end to make my bag and I change my clothes. Alice get dressed too and we go downstairs.

Hardin: "Tess..."

Tessa: "Don't, Hardin. I had enough of your behavior. So, when you will stop behaving like a teenager, call me. Until then, I don't want to be with you."

Hardin: "But Tess..."

Tessa: "Don't! Let's go, Alice. And don't look for me until you become mature!"

Hardin: "It's just your fault, Alice!"

Alice: "Stop blaming the people around you!"

She yells at him and we leave. Someone can tell me what's wrong with this family? Why Alice is the only normal from it? Ugh, I hate my life in this moment.

We go to Alice's car and I just think where we should go. And I remember that I still have the keys of Hardin's apartment, so we are going there.

"Drive to Hardin's apartment."

"He won't find us there?"

"I'm sure he won't come after us. I was very clear to not come after me."

"Ok, fine."

Alice drives to Hardin's apartment. She parks the car and we go upstairs, in the apartment.

"I'm going to do some shopping. We need some stuff for the house."

"I'm coming with you."

"No, stay here and rest."

"But I'm not tired. I want to help you."

"Ok, fine. Let's go."

We go to the market and we buy anything we need in the house. When we arrive home, it's already 11 am, so I'm going to start to prepare the lunch.

"So... You were at the OB to confirm your pregnancy?"

"Nope. I just don't know where to go... I'm scared of what's going to happen. Toby didn't tell mr anything, my parents want me to abort it and I don't want to kill a baby!"

"Look, I have to go to my doctor in a few days, and I can make you an appointment. We can go together to see what's happening."

"Really?"

"Yes. I want to help you, Alice. Because I'm not like your family."

"I knew from the first time that you are a blessing, Tessa... I'm happy because you married Hardin."

"He is not." I say quietly.

"Tessa... He is just angry because of me."

"Yeah, let's end the discussion here. I don't want to talk about him."

"Good. Can I go to take a shower?"

"Of course, you can!"

"Thank you."

Alice leaves in the bathroom and I start to make our lunch. One hour later, me and Alice are eating our food.

"You and Hardin are planning a baby?"

"No, no. It's not the right time for this."

"Would you abort the baby if you were in my place?"

"No, of course! I would never do this... And listen to me, if Toby loves you, he will come back to you as soon as he cleans his mind."

"I hope..."

"Everything will be fine." I rub her arm and I smile.