Of Commitment (Hessa) - part 30

Tessa's POV

The next morning, I wake up before Hardin and I go to the kitchen to make some coffee. When I'm done, I hear his steps and I turn to the entrance.

"Good morning love."

"Hi!" I smile and I hand him his coffee.

"And my morning kiss?"

"Your coffee is not enough to wake you up?" I giggle and I go closer to him.

"Nope. Your beautiful lips are the good way to wake me up." He kisses me and I smile.

"I love you."

"I love you."

One hour later, Hardin leaves for work, promising me that he will be back in three or four hours. After he leaves, I go in our bedroom, I change the bedsheets and I take the dirty clothes in the washing room. I start the washing machine and I go back in the living room, in time for Alice's arrival. I go to the door and I open it and I'm greeted by my sweet niece, Amelie, who is three months old now.

"Hiii!"

"Hi! You have no idea how grateful I will be for this."

"There is no problem. It's nice to take care of this cutie."

"We will come after her tomorrow, I will call you. If something is wrong, just call me or Toby."

"It's fine, Alice. Go! We will be fine."

"Good, thank you so much! Be a good girl, Amelie baby... Be nice with aunt Tessa and uncle Hardin." She kisses the baby.

"Bye!"

Alice leaves and I go with Amelie upstairs. I let her on the bed while I change my clothes. She's so good and she just sits on the bed and she looks around. When I'm ready, I sit next to her and I look at this baby. She's very sweet and I can't wait to have one. She's smiling at me, so I take her a photo and I send it to Hardin. His answer comes quickly.

H: she's so cute.

T: I know.

H: I can't wait to have one.

T: Me neither. I think next month we should start?

H: Sounds good.

T: You shouldn't be in a meeting?

H: We took a break. But in two hours I will be home.

T: Good. I love you.

H: I love you.

When I read the message from Hardin, Amelie starts to cry. I take her in my arms and I start to talk with her and she calms down. She just needed my attention. Thirteen minutes later, I go with her in the kitchen and I make her milk. When I'm done, I go in the living room, I sit on the couch and I feed the baby. When she's done, I put a towel on my shoulder and I burp her. When she's done, Hardin comes in the house.

"Hello!" He takes off his shoes.

"Hi, babe!" I rub Amelie's back while I smile to Hardin.

"She's sleeping?"

"No. I just feed her."

"I mentioned before that you are looking so good with a baby?"

"Yes." I giggle. "Wanna take her?"

"Yes." She comes to me and he takes Amelie from me. "I know I said this before, but I can't wait to have one."

"Me too."

"Oh, shit. She puked on my shirt and on her body. "

"That's the risk having a baby." I giggle. "Can you change her?"

"If you want to show me, yes."

"Good, let's go upstairs."

We go upstairs in our bedroom where I put Amelie's stuff. I put a towel on the bed and Hardin puts Amelie on it. He takes off his shirt and then I hand him some clothes for Amelie and a diaper.

"A diaper?"

"You have to change her."

"Yeah, that's great! " He laughs.

"Ok. As you can see you have two cuts at the level of her shoulders. Gently take out her arms through there and take it off." Hardin does what I said and he is doing so well. "Now take off the diaper and change it." I give him some advice, but he is good in this. He will be a good father for our baby. When he is done, I give him a kiss. "You will be a good father."

"And you will be a good mother." He takes Amelie in his arms. "We should take her in the backyard?"

"Yeah. Give her to me while you change."

He gives me the baby and he goes in the dressing and he comes back after a few minutes.

"I'm going to make her milk, maybe she will sleep outside."

"Good."

A few hours later...

"Babe! She's crying and I don't know what to do with her!" For the fourth time today, Hardin calls me when Amelie cries. I go in the living room.

"What happened this time?"

"I fed her twenty minutes ago, her diaper is not full, I tried to give her pacifier, but nothing. I think she wants Alice."

"Come to auntie Tess." I take her in my arms, but she doesn't stop. Hardin is right, Amelie needs her parents. "You are right, she needs her parents."

"I'm going to call Alice."

"Good." I try to calm her down, but it's almost impossible. While Hardin calls Alice, I hear the door and I go to open. It's Alice. Oh...

Alice: "Oh, my baby!" She takes Amelie from my arms and she stops crying.

Hardin: "This baby is dependent on you."

Alice: "And I'm dependent on her too." She rubs the baby's back.

Toby: "We couldn't stay away from her."

Alice: "She is too young to stay away from us."

Toby: "Thanks for staying with her."

Tessa: "Maybe next time she will stay with us more."

Alice: "Maybe..."