Of Commitment (Hessa) - part 17

Tessa's POV

It's Friday and today I'm going with Alice at my OB. My tests results came on Wednesday, so I will go to choose a contraceptive method.

"Alice, are you ready?"

"Yes. Let's go."

In the last days we spent more time together. I received a lot of texts from Hardin, but I didn't give him a response. He didn't say anything about Alice in these messages, so I'm not going to let this to be easy. If he wants to be with me, he has to become a good person, especially to support his sister.

When we want to go out from the apartment, we met no one else than Hardin. Shit.

Hardin: "Tess..."

Tessa: "I don't have time for you." I quickly lock the door and we want to leave.

Hardin: "Two minutes, please."

Alice: "I'll wait you at the car." She leaves.

Tessa: "Tell me what do you want, quickly."

"I'm sorry..."

"I already know this, but it's not enough. If you really are in love with me, you will change. You will rethink about what's happening in your life... Our life and when you will can have a calm talk with Alice and you will not force her to do something bad, then we can start over. Until then, I'm sorry but I won't talk with you."

"But Tess..."

"I can't stay here anymore. Bye, Hardin."

I leave him alone and I try so hard to not cry. It's hard for me because I see him in this way. He has no soul for the people around him.

When I enter in Alice's car, I burst in tears. I was too strong in the last day and I think I need to take out everything.

"Shh, it's ok." She rubs my back. "It's all my fault because you are in this statement because of me."

"No, don't say that. Let's go or we will be late."

"Ok, fine..." She starts the car. "Do you think Toby will come?"

"Probably... Maybe he is not Hardin and he cares about your baby..."

"Yeah..."

We arrive at the clinic and Alice parks the car and as we go to the entrance, she stops.

"Shit."

"What's wrong?"

"Toby is here." I see a smile on her face. I'm happy for her.

"Go to him!"

"No."

"Alice..."

Toby: "Allie..."

Alice: "Toby. You came..."

Toby: "Of course... I'm sorry."

Alice: "I don't have time for this. Not now. I'm going to see the baby..."

Toby: "I want to come with you!"

Alice: "You do?"

Toby: "Of course! It's our baby."

Alice: "Tessa? It's ok if..."

Tessa: "Yeah, it's fine. Don't worry." I smile and I'm happy because he really cares about her and the baby. "I will go to my appointment, it won't take too long, and then I'll wait for you."

Alice: "Good."

I leave to dr. Robbins office. I knock at the door and then I enter.

"Good morning!"