Chapter 3 - New Beginnings

Y/n stood once again at the gates of U.A High School. This time, with a smile of glee on her face instead one of anxiousness. 

She'd made it! Under different circumstances than she expected, of course, but it didn't matter to her. The great three doors at the main entrance reminded y/n of the grandiosity of what she was about to get into.

Decked out in her new, crisp U.A school uniform (which had been sent to her aunt and uncle's place over the weekend), y/n took a deep breath in as she joined other students chattily making their way into the middle hallway.

Thanks for this new sunrise, Mom, Dad.

"Ah, you're here. Welcome." said a calm voice to her right that made her jump a little. Aizawa stood leaning by the entrance of the middle hallway. This time, he has his hair down and was wearing what y/n assumed to be his hero outfit; black shirt, black pants, what looked like a utility belt and some sort of long, multi layered scarf around his neck. His eyes still as looked just bloodshot and as tired as before... maybe that was just how he always looked like?

"Ah! Yes! Hello, Mr. Aizawa, sir!" rushed y/n, remembering that she was supposed to meet him at the middle gate.

"Please follow me. I'll show you to class 1-A, which I am also the homeroom teacher of." he replied, making his way down the hallway as y/n jogged to catch up to him.

"For someone who looked so tired, he moves pretty fast!" y/n thought to herself as she took in the scene around her. Students chatting their way to their classrooms through the open-hallways, friends joking around with each other.

It was almost like a normal high school, but when you took a closer look, you could see that there was something special in the air, a certain ambiance that the students seemed to share...

Before she knew it, y/n and Aizawa were standing in front of a tall classroom door with the sign "1-A" on it. The noise of chattering voices coming through the door made y/n's stomach do a somersault. She was about take her first class at U.A! She was going to meet her fellow hero classmates!

"They probably all have super good quirks..." thought y/n anxiously, feeling like an imposter for a moment. Aizawa opened the door and the chatter quickly stopped as y/n entered behind him while everyone got into their seats. 

Y/n scanned the room full of first-year students, feeling a intimidated to say the least. A sea of eyes fixed on y/n as she shyly got up next to the teacher's podium next to Aizawa.

"Good Morning class. As you know, one of the students in this class was expelled for certain reasons, so Miss y/n will be taking his place as a student. Please take some time to introduce yourself and get acquainted with your new classmates." Aizawa said in a monotone voice before pulling a yellow sleeping bag out of nowhere, zipping himself up in it and promptly going to sleep on the floor, leaving y/n standing alone awkwardly at the front of the room, all eyes on her. She gulped down her nervousness and stepped forward.

"Um.. hello, I'm y/n l/n. I just wanted to say that I'm very grateful to be here, and...um...nice to meet you all!" she jumbled. Suddenly, a tall, blue haired boy with glasses ran up to y/n. 

"Hello, y/n! My name is Tenya Iida!" barked the boy. "As the representative for Class 1-A, it is my honour to welcome you to our class! Nice to me-!" 

"Hey! I recognize you!" interrupted a bright voice near the back of the room. Y/n couldn't believe her eyes; it was the nice green-haired boy from the practical exam! The one she'd spoken with before! Y/n's face broke out into a smile.

"MIDORIYA! Don't interrupt people while they're speaking!" commanded Iida as he waved his arms up and down in robotic motions (forcing y/n to supress a laugh). "I was saying, Nice to meet you, y/n!" he finished. Y/n thanked him gracefully with a smile.