Chapter 23 - Premonition

(7:00pm) 

"I still can't believe you fought Bakugou!" y/n chuckled as she stirred some vegetables around in a pan. 

Todoroki leaned next to y/n, reaching his arm to lift the lid of the steaming pot of rice on the stove they shared, smiling slightly at her disbelief. They were in the kitchen area of their dorm, making dinner along with their fellow Class 1-A members.

"To be honest, neither can I." he said flatly, making y/n giggle. She looked over at the rice pot, which he was in charge of.

"How's the rice coming along?" she asked.

"I think it's ready." Todoroki nodded. "How about the vegetables?"

"I think they're done too!" y/n smiled. 

He swiftly grabbed a couple of bowls and two pairs of chopsticks from the cabinet above as she turned to heat off on the stove. The two of them served themselves with their dinner and found a table eat their meal. 

As they started eating, y/n noticed Todoroki staring at her, a dreamy expression on his face as he rested his chin in his hand and elbows on the table. She tilted her head at him in curiosity.

"...Shoto?" y/n asked him, a little concerned. 

"Yes?" he replied, still staring dreamily at y/n.

"Um... what are you doing?" y/n asked with a small smile. 

Todoroki mirrored her smile and sighed happily.

"Looking at you." he said smoothly, making her blush. He reached over and placed his hand over hers, rubbing her hand affectionately with his thumb. "You know, y/n, I'm actually quite glad now that our relationship is public."

"R-really?" she asked, her heart racing as his warm hand held hers.

"Yes." he smiled, gazing deep into her eyes. "Because now I don't have to hide it when I look at your beautiful face."

Y/n's eyes widened as her whole face went red. She giggled bashfully and reached over her other hand onto his. 

The two of them sat there, gazing at each other giddily as they held hands over the table. She felt that happy, fuzzy feeling of affection run spread though her whole body. The same kind of warm feeling as drinking a fresh cup of hot chocolate.

"Ayoooo, couple alert!" suddenly said a loud, teasing voice on the side. 

Both of them turned their heads to find Denki, grinning at the pair as he munched on a frozen, yes, a frozen burrito.

"Ah. Hello, Kaminari." Todoroki said stoically.

"Hi Denki!" y/n waved with a grin. Denki beamed at both of them.

"So, you guys all good now?" the yellow-haired boy asked with a wink. "For a moment there in the morning I thought you guys were over before you started." 

"Don't worry Denki, everything's fine now." she laughed, Todoroki relaxed his shoulders a little as she did. 

"Phew!" he sighed dramatically. "Sorry about this morning guys, I was only teasing."

"It's fine." Todoroki nodded in acknowledgement.

"Yeah." y/n nodded with a kind smile. "But, um... Denki?"

"Yeah?" Denki grinned as he munched his food.

"Why are you eating a frozen burrito?" y/n asked, tilting her head in confusion.