Chapter 16 - Core

"GOOOOOO!!!" screeched Present Mic.

"Quick y/n, let's make the thing you talked about before." Todoroki said as he speedily turned towards y/n. 

She nodded and they stepped closer together. Y/n cupped her hands together and produced a handful of sand. He placed his right hand over hers and produced a small amount of ice. He then quickly put his left hand over the ice and it promptly melted to water. 

He looked away while he did that. She studied his bothered expression.

This is about... your fire powers, right? 

Y/n quickly shook herself out of her trance, realising that now she had wet sand in her hands. She speedily melded them into four small pieces and gave two to Todoroki, which he put in his pocket.

"Remember, If I call out to you, then use these!" She said seriously as Todoroki nodded.

"Got it. Y/n, you need get going now. Go!" he instructed. 

Y/n gave him a determined thumbs up, jumped off the platform and ran through the main road until she got to an intersection, and started to weave through the juncture of tall buildings. 

Right before she turned the first corner, y/n glanced back at the platform. Todoroki had surrounded it with ice, a suggestion he'd come up with during viewing time; it would make Bakugou think that she was hiding in there.

Y/n rushed through the arena, weaving around street corners whilst heading in the exact opposite direction as her and Todoroki's base. Theoretically, she should be able to get to the other team's base if it's on the other side of the arena; she just had to go around some buildings and some streets to find the main road again. 

She wiped the sweat off her forehead. It would have been much faster if she'd just blasted herself through using sand-force, but it would be risky to waste any sand this early into the match. She didn't want to burn out again. Besides, she could run a bit faster now, with all of the training-

Suddenly something exploded next to her, and she was blown back several meters. Y/n rolled along the floor several times before picking herself back up. 

Her eyes widened and she gasped. Right in front of her stood Bakugou, in his full, terrifying glory. He growled as his red eyes pierced through y/n's, raising his palm to face y/n.

"SNEAKING AROUND, HUH?!?!" he growled as his glove started heating up into an orange colour. Y/n barley had time to dodge before he launched another explosion right at her. 

Oh god... he found me. so. fast...!

"HEY! COME BACK HERE, SAND GIRL!" he yelled as y/n used her sand-force on her legs to propel herself up in the air, avoiding his attack. She jumped in between the walls of two buildings, dodging his explosions. 

Jesus, he's aiming at me like I'm a villain or something!

Y/n's heart beat sped up. He just kept going, launching explosion after explosion.

Oh CRAP.

"DIE!" Bakugou screamed, y/n desperately jumping from wall to wall, the heat from his relentless explosions right beneath her. 

Now that Bakugou had found her, that meant that Todoroki's 'fake protective ice wall' plan from before was out the window. Shit. She was already up to the top of the crumbled building. 

Y/n desperately scanned the area. If she used the rooftops, Bakugou could still fly over her...

I'll have to go back to the ground...! He can't destroy the bases of the buildings or else it will cause too much damage... I have to lead him to Todoroki!