Chapter 21 - Assumptions

"Shoto! Wait!" y/n huffed as she ran up to him and lightly tapped his shoulder. Todoroki instantly turned towards y/n, a dark, blazing look in his eyes that made y/n stop in her tracks. She'd seen his cold expressions before, but this... This was different.

He looked pissed off.

"...What... what's the matter?" she asked, frowning with concern. He glared at her and crossed his arms. Y/n looked back at him, confused as to why he was suddenly acting so sullen.

"...Why were you talking to them about... us?" Todoroki asked cooly. Y/n widened her eyes in surprise. 

...Huh?

That was what he was annoyed about?

"What?... Well, Midoriya asked me about my morning, and I told him that you and I went on a walk together." y/n stuttered as she explained what had just happened before to a frowning Todoroki. 

...Did I do something wrong...? 

"The other people in the kitchen got curious and started asking why I was holding your jacket and stuff," y/n continued while he listened, unfazed. "Then some others came in and started acting all gossipy about it. You know how it is with Mina and her gang." she explained, adding a slightly forced laugh to lighten the mood at the end. 

Todoroki didn't laugh back. 

He looked down at the floor, frowning, as if digesting what she had just said.

"Huh. So then you told everyone we're... dating." he said in a low voice after a long silence. 

Y/n tilted her head and raised one of her eyebrows. There was something in his tone... a look in his eyes... disapproval.

"W-well, yes." she answered. She looked him inquisitively in the eye. "But... what's the problem, Sho? ...Aren't we dating now? It's not like we're being flashy or anything-" 

Suddenly, Todoroki huffed and looked away, furrowing his brows. Y/n stepped back in shock. 

Something was definitely wrong. What the hell was the implying?

Why was he so pissed when other people heard about our relationship? None of us ever said anything about keeping it secret or something...

She widened her eyes as something unpleasant occurred to her.

Wait a second. 

He trains combat with her in a private training room. He walks and jogs with her in the early morning when no one can see them. He even kissed her in private in her own dorm room. 

Even when they entered the dorm just before, he let go of her hands at the door before anyone saw them.

Is he...?

"A-are you... embarrassed of me?" y/n asked in a quiet, but dead serious tone. Todoroki looked back at her with a shocked scowl.

"Am I... what?" he replied, indignant.

Oh my god.

Y/n stared hard into his eyes, her blood beginning to boil.

"You only act like we were in a relationship when we're alone." y/n started to accuse, a hint of anger quavering in her voice." We train together in private, jog together in private, ...kiss and do couple stuff in private." Y/n gulped, feeling lost for air. "Are you embarrassed to be in a relationship with me, Shoto?" 

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. Y/n could feel the rage begin to burn behind her eyes. 

"Wow, y/n." he huffed.