Chapter 17 - Wait For Me

"I can't believe that you were the one on offense!" exasperated Jirou to y/n as they walked through the courtyard path. 

The group of students walked together towards one of the U.A viewing rooms, in the training centre the rest of the class had gathered at to watch each other's matches, at Present Mic's instruction over the intercom. Todoroki walked a little behind the two girls whilst Bakugou was already storming ahead of all of them, absolutely fuming that his team had lost. 

Y/n had insisted on Jirou keeping her arm around her shoulder because she could see that the purple haired girl was still slightly dizzy from y/n's uppercut that had knocked her out some time ago.

"That's what we counted on!" y/n said with a small grin. "Anyway, I am so sorry that I had to knock you out. That was awful."

"Chill. All forgiven." Jirou sighed. "Smart move, you know, blocking your ears. What did you even use inside your ear, though? Dirt?"

"Oh, I made some sand at the start and Todoroki made some ice, which he melted into water so we combined them to make wet sand." y/n explained with a smile. "We made them into four pieces, two for each, in case you woke up before we got to the platform like you just did." 

"Wow!" said Jirou, surprised at y/n's strange plan.

"Yeah... You still kind of got me, though, just before we got to the platform and you woke up again." y/n sighed, pointing towards her ears, which had a few dry spots of blood coming from inside the canal.

"Ooooh. Yeah, sorry." Jirou winced. Y/n shook her head. 

"It's fine. Besides, you got knocked out. I just got a few scratches." y/n apologised, to which Jirou shook her finger.

"Girl, stop apologising. Besides," Jirou said as she peeked at y/n's back, "you used your sand quirk from your back again. The skin there is bright red. Not to mention, your burnt ass arm from explosion boy over there. I think we're even on injuries. Don't feel bad." Y/n smiled back at Jirou.

"Thanks, Jirou." y/n grinned. 

My head is still pounding a little from Bakugou pushing me through the window, though...

Then, she felt someone come up behind her.

"Y/n." she heard Todoroki's voice call. 

Y/n and Jirou turned around to find him facing them, stopped in his tracks. 

Oh?

He looked at her, then at Jirou, then at y/n again. Jirou's expression suddenly changed and she took her arm off y/n's shoulder.

"Well anyway, I can walk fine now. I'll let you talk with your teammate, y/n." Jirou said politely to both of them. As she brushed her shoulder against y/n, Jirou gave her a suggestive eyebrow raise and a teasing smile, to which y/n smiled and rolled her eyes at the purple haired girl. 

Y/n turned around to face Todoroki again. He shifted over to the side and the two of them began to walk together into the hallway of the training centre, through to the viewing room. As they did, y/n felt her heartbeat begin to speed up again.

"That was a good match, y/n." Todoroki said after a few silent moments.

"Y-yeah! I'm happy that we won. It was pretty close, though!" y/n agreed enthusiastically.

"Yes. Your plan caught them by surprise." Todoroki turned his face towards y/n, his eyes peering into hers. He sighed deeply. "I wanted to apologise, y/n, for doubting you before."