Chapter 6 - Dorms

"Welcome to the dorms!" cried out Mina, spreading her arms out as the y/n and her group passed through the main doors of the Class 1-A dorm. Y/n spun around in awe as she looked around the living space of the dorm. 

Floor to ceiling French windows, tall columns on every corner, endless studying and dining tables, stylish green sofas with televisions everywhere you turned... U.A was becoming grander by the minute!

"Wow... this is absolutely amazing!!" gushed Y/n. 

"Isn't it?" squealed Uraraka. Several other members of Class 1-A, who were lounging around together on a group of sofas, walked over to greet them when Denki waved. Everyone was already in casual clothes.

"Hey guys!" waved Sero. "Y/n! Everything all right?"

"You went to the infirmary, right?" asked Tsuyu.

"Recovery Girl healed you, right?" said a high pitched voice belonging to a floating outfit of a tank top and shorts. Y/n almost had a mini heart attack before realising that it was Toru Hagakure, the invisible girl.

"I'm fine, thanks guys! Good as new!" Y/n grinned. "Thank you all for being so nice... Also, this dorm looks so cool!" Then, Mina suddenly turned around to face y/n with an excited expression.

"DORM TOUR TIME!!! Come on girls!!" she whooped. Mina, Tsuyu, Uraraka, Hagakure and Jirou proceeded to give y/n a hectic tour around the whole dorm, chattering away as y/n was captured by its amazement. 

I can't believe I'm going to be staying here!

By the end of the impromptu tour, y/n was more or less sure where everything was. It was dark outside by the time they came back to the main living hall, where in the kitchen area, most of the class had gathered. Momo notcied y/n and the other girls' return and made her way over to them, holding a tray of hot tea.

"Y/n! Everyone! I'm sorry for not joining you earlier. I was just making some tea for our classmates. Would you care for some?" she offered politley. 

"Yes, please!" y/n answered. Momo placed the tea tray on a large main table. Everyone was seated either around the table or lying around on the sofas. Several snacks were laid out on the table, so y/n took some to go with the tea. 

Y/n sat down at the main table, Momo's delicious tea filling her with warmth. Y/n also hadn't realised how hungry she was until started eating the food on her plate. She finished everything within 5 minutes and laid back on her chair with a sigh.

"Wow, y/n, you were hungry." noticed Tsuyu, to which y/n nodded. "That was quite an intense match between you and Todoroki, ribbit."

"Yeah!" agreed Midoriya earnestly. He sat up straight on the sofa, like an intrigued puppy. "So, does your quirk work with your arms and legs? But then, how did you do the thing with your back?" he began to mutter to himself, analysing all of the possible ways y/n might use her quirk. Y/n giggled.

"Well yes, I do tend to use my arms and legs with my quirk," explained y/n. "But my quirk is skin-based, so it works anywhere that I have skin. More specifically, I make sand with my dead skin cells. But if I use too much at once, my quirk starts sourcing power from my healthy skin cells, making my skin peel off." she explained. "Oh, and I also have a few other desert-related abilities, such as summoning cactuses and roots." 

"Oh, that would make sense! So you would use the places where you have the most skin cells as main focus of your quirk... that includes the arms and legs, but also that back patch!" exclaimed Midoriya, eyes widening. He pulled a notebook out of nowhere and began scribbling down notes, to y/n's confusion.