Chapter 8 - A Question

Y/n walked into her dorm room and collapsed onto her bed with a loud sigh. 

She had just finished school and hero training for the day - today, they'd had individual quirk training. Aizawa had y/n develop her "Sandstorm" power move by having her continuously creating smaller versions of that attack so that her arm skin would get used to the sensation and regenerate faster. Y/n would almost peel her arms down to muscle before each break.

Aizawa also had her train her cactus and roots (on a dirt field outside the training centre) powers with Kirishima. Since he had his Hardening quirk, y/n's attacks wouldn't injure him. Y/n pressed her palms onto the ground and concentrated on her cactuses and roots erupting from underneath or near Kirishima, trying to capture him. The red haired boy tried to evade y/n's attacks or used his Hardening quirk to break through y/n's desert vegetation attack. 

It was almost like a one-on-one match, except Aizawa was having them train specific skills; for y/n, she needed to solidify her attacks and make them smaller and planned, not spontaneous. For Kirishima, he needed to train his evasion skills and ability to break through traps with his Hardening. They had trained almost all afternoon.

Y/n lifted her head up from her bed, coming back to reality. She looked around her room and realised that she hadn't taken anything out of the boxes yet. She sighed. She'd told the girls that after their homework session she would show them her room. 

Y/n pulled herself up and slipped on some comfy clothes. Much better. 

She emptied out her suitcase and hung up and stored all of her clothes. She set up her favourite coloured bedsheets and some fairy lights by the bed area. Y/n had also brought a couple of posters and some books. 

She left her dad's guitar to the end. She thought for a while about where to put it. 

Y/n finally decided to put it behind her desk, a little out of sight. She didn't have may things from her parents, so the guitar was quite special to her. To be honest, she wasn't quite ready to put it fully on display. Y/n gently lay it against the wall in its place.

Maybe one day I'll put it somewhere else...

She admired her now furnished room; it was mostly stuff from her own room at her aunt and uncle's, but it looked pretty nice! Suddenly, y/n remembered she was late to her study session and hurried downstairs with her school bag.

~

"Yao-Momo!" whinned Mina with a dramatic sigh. "Come on, everyone's finished the homework already! You can do your extra studying later!" Momo looked up from her book, a little indignified.

"Well, I like to do well in school! And besides, I'm the vice class president. I should set an example for others." Momo affirmed. Y/n and the rest of the girls sat around one of the group study tables, brains fried after a couple of hours of homework. 

"We know, Yao-Momo." sighed Tsuyu.

"Well, why don't we all take a little break?" suggested Uraraka meekly as she yawned.

"Yeah!" cheered Hagakure's voice. "Besides, y/n said she would show us her room when she was finished with homework!" Everyone looked at y/n, who smiled and nodded.

"Sure!" y/n said. Mina yanked Momo out of her chair whilst the rest of the girls headed up to the fifth floor in the elevator. They arrived at the door of y/n's room. Before she opened it, y/n stood in front of the door with a shy smile. 

"Here's my room! It's nothing special, really..." she began before Mina barged open her door. 

"Woooooww!" the girls all said collectively.