Chapter 4 - Hero Training

After a hearty lunch at the U.A cafeteria, y/n and the other Class 1-A students were instructed to meet up in one of the training centres in their hero costumes. 

As y/n changed into her hero outfit for the first time, she felt another wave of nervousness. She had been sketching its design for years now, but it felt surreal to say the least to be wearing it now.

"All right girls, we should go." called out a tall girl with a black ponytail to the rest of the girls in the locker room. She sat behind y/n, right? What was her name again? ...Yaoyorozu?

"Okay, Yao-Momo!!" replied Mina and Uraraka in usion. Then a girl with edgy purple hair and what seemed to be wires attached to her earlobes turned to face y/n.

"Hey! Nice hero outfit!" she smirked at y/n.

"Oh!" replied y/n, looking down at her hero outfit. "Thanks,...umm-?"

"Jirou. Kyouka Jirou". answered the girl, Jirou, confidently. Uraraka, Mina, Momo, Tsuyu, Jirou... now y/n was sure she knew the names of at least all of the girls in the class.

"Wow! Your costume is so cool!" said a high pitched voice behind y/n, who jumped when she saw a pair of gloves floating in the air. Not all of the girls, apparently. "I wish I could have more cool outfit parts, but it wouldn't work with my quirk!" she sighed dramatically. Jirou laughed when she saw y/n's startled expression.

"That's Toru Hagakure. She's invisible" Jirou assured y/n, patting her shoulder.

"Right. I can see that." responded y/n.

"Technically, you can't" suggested Tsuyu bluntly. 

Jirou and y/n looked at each other, trying to hold in their laughter.

"Tsu-chan!! Don't make fun of meeee!" whinned Hagakure, waving her gloved fists around in the air.

"We should go now. Let's not be late for training!" called out Momo, motioning towards the door.

~

Y/n and the Class 1-A girls arrived at the training centre a few minutes before the class started. Most of the guys were already there, chatting amongst themselves. 

Y/n looked at them in bewilderment. In their costumes, her classmates really looked like heroes, making y/n's stomach churn. 

She felt a little lost for a moment.  Y/n scanned the small crowd and instantly saw Midoriya in the group, talking intently to Iida. He saw her too, waved gleefully and jogged up to her.

"Hi guys! Hey, y/n!" he said cheerfully. His green eyes widened as he look at her outfit. "Is that your hero costume?! It looks amazing!" he gasped.

Y/n's hero outfit consisted of a type of body suit, which had knee length biker shorts on the bottom and a tank top with criss-cross style straps on the her back. It was a dusty, dark green colour and had a design of white spirals encircling the jumpsuit, resembling a hurricane, with a two lines of the white fabric leading to a white patch of fabric on y/n's back.

Y/n wore a matching white headband and short white boots with the same hurricane design, rather the lines were in the dusty green colour this time. Y/n spun around to show the full outfit to her classmates and thanked Midoriya.

"Wow!" shyly grinned a boy with cropped blond hair and what seemed to be a large tail. "I wonder what your quirk is?"

"Yeah!" squeaked Hagakure from behind. "Tell us! We're dyyyyying of curiosity!" 

Suddenly, the doors to the training centre opened and an extremely familiar voice boomed from inside as a very tall and very muscular figure ran through them to meet the students. Y/n gasped in awe.