- 02 - Emma McKay

I have been going to school for a week now. no one ever came up to me and tried to make conversation or anything. it was like you were invisible, which I honestly like.

I'm going up through the stairway so that I could get into math class without delay because I love math. I don't get the reason why people hate it for me it always helps to keep my mind in one place and to block out all the negative thoughts. it's true that math is way more fun when you know what you are doing but I love it either way.

I stopped walking until I hear some random boys laughing I chose to ignore it until I heard a cry.

" what the hell are you'll doing?"

"first of all who are, you?" one of the boys asked me. there were three of them all were wearing varsity jackets and I knew immediately they might be the popular boys who are selfish and mean.

"I am a student of this shitty school and I am someone who can clearly see that you are doing something that you shouldn't be doing AND for a fact she is not enjoying it. so yeah, what the hell are you doing?"

" don't you see we are playing a game with our little friend? if you want you could join. you know the more the merrier." he gave me a disgusting smile that made me wanna puke and then I noticed who the girl was. she was the one who came and asked to be friends with me and I noticed blood dripping from the side of her arm. I grabbed her by her arm softly and made her stand behind me.

" you know what? I don't even want to hear it and don't even think of laying a hand on her" I yelled realizing they were assaulting her. I turn around to walk away with the girl until the boy behind me grabbed my arm. my anger started rising and I turn around and hit right in his dick using my knee and spat on his face. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!. OR EVEN LOOK ME AT MY EYES OR ELSE I won't THINK TWICE ABOUT FUCKING KILL YOU". the boy was groaning in pain and the other two were looking right at us in shock.

I take her to the nurse so she could get bandages for her cut and I waited outside for her. "hey! are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. thank you so much for what you did it was really amazing."

"do we need to tell someone about this? because they were basically harming you and-"

"OH HELL NO! what happened there would be between me and you. uh and those were my stepbrother's friends. the cut was an accident."

"well, that doesn't explain the fact you were crying?". "they just mess around with me and I'm pretty sensitive." "so this has happened before?"

"can we drop this. like it's completely fine. honestly". we stand in silence and that was the most amount of words I spoke to someone in months.

"hey? um, that day when you told me we should be friends uh does that offer still stand?" I asked because why not.

"hey! I think you are cool and really amazing. do you wanna be friends" she asked me with a smile that lit her whole face. it takes so much strength to put a smile on your face even after such terror. and I respect and adore her for that.

"maybe having a friend after all wont be that bad"

" that's great and you do look like a friendly person"

I smile and we walk to maths even when we are thirty minutes late to class. Her wounded hand would get us into class I guess.

***

it was lunchtime and I go to my usual spot under the tree only to see and couple having their makeout session 'disgusting'. id rather go eat in the cafeteria than witness disgusting couple shit.

i see an empty table and i take out my poetry book and start eating my sandwich. all i could hear was people whispering and whispering i take down my hood and turn around to see some of them staring at me like I'm a serial killer or someone. then I turn around back to my book and choose to ignore all of it until it really started bothering me and for some reason, it pissed me off so bad 'calm down rhea. you can control yourself. breathe in and breathe out. control your anger. 'I cant'. I threw away the plastic water bottle on my table out of anger and stood up.

" SHUT THE FUCK UP!! I-" I screamed so loud that there was pin-drop silence from everyone else and I couldn't even form the next few words.

tears started flowing down my cheeks as I walk out of the cafeteria. this is me. I got horrible anger issues which I clearly cannot control and due to my anger, I was expelled from my previous school because I almost killed this girl who bullied me by banging her head on the locker so hard that for my luck and her luck she did not die, but she almost did. I almost murdered someone because of the gift I was given by my father 'uncontrollable anger. 'THANK YOU, FATHER!'

i clearly don't want to get back into that hell hole. so i decided to skip school for the rest of the day. i turned around and saw that girl running towards me.

"hey! are you okay? that was a big tantrum you threw out there"

"Yeah. um I can't control my anger some times"

"do you wanna skip school and talk about it"

" um not really. i normally just let it go away by itself. trust me talking never works. ill see you tomorrow though and i couldn't ask what your name is?"

" oh! I'm sorry um I'm Emma. Emma McKay. whats yours?". "I'm Rhea Sangster"

"see ya tomorrow Rhea"

i turn around and walk away.