- 12 - Miss you too little boy

RHEA'S POV

After a whole night of twisting and turning when sleep finally reached I heard my alarm go off. 

"You've got to be kidding me" I muttered to myself. I normally don't have sleeping issues. 

After all that has happened in the past, the one thing that has not changed is the fact that I'm a heavy sleeper.  But last night I couldn't sleep at all, maybe it's because of the utter shock of realizing that you used to be an extrovert of a  best friend is the brother of the boy that rarely went out and the only person he would socialize with was you or the fact that when you finally moved to a whole new town to start new but a very important part of your past is back in your new life. 

I got out of bed and head to the shower. 

After, I grabbed some ripped jeans and a tank top along with a black denim jacket. 

Going down the stairs I see my mother eating breakfast. 

"Not eating breakfast?" she asked not even looking at me. 

"um no, I'm not hungry" I grab my car keys and got out of the house. 

I got into the car and heard my phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Rhea? i-it's Jared"

"oh my god, Jared how are you?". Jared is the only sibling that was actually close to me. Who respected and loved me as a sister. Jared is not an ordinary thirteen-year-old boy. he is way too mature for his age. he's smart but most of all he's the sweetest human being you could ever meet. I know favoring one sibling is not right but I would choose Jared over anyone any day. But I doubt that he would do the same, after all, what has happened I was more scared of what Jared would think than my own parents. 

"I'm all good. What about you... and mom?" How am I? I don't know little brother. Mom hates the fact that I'm still breathing, I haven't eaten from god knows how long and top it all off I've been slashing my wrist. And, mother... she drinks 24/7, comes home way too late, and speaks nothing but how I should be dead. 

"Yeah, I'm all good and Mom too," I say. 

"Look, Rhea, I know you think that I hate you but No, I don't. Because I'm not Noah or Nini and how on earth could I hate the person who got me my first football. You were the only person that actually believed in me and covered for me when I have to go to practices without dad knowing. You are the best sister anyone could ever ask for. Are you crying?" 

"Um no. I'm not. why would I cry to some thirteen-year-olds words" I say with tears in my eyes. And that's why I love him. He never fails me even though I failed him and that's why I don't deserve a brother like him in my life. Jared does not deserve the curse I'm carrying.