- 27 - Gillian

"Who's Nathan?" 

"Who's Nathan?" 

"Uh... he was Noah's boyfriend. And a brother to me." 

"What makes him so special?" 

"You know I told you I didn't have many friends. No, I didn't have any friends. But Nathan was a friend and over time without me knowing I opened up to him... a lot. He gave me the love of an elder brother that I didn't get from Noah. He told me how I should be my own friend. He gave me hope and in time I knew that everything would be okay. Nathan was the first-ever person that I told about Damien. When Damien left I thought I will be alone for the rest of my life and I was sick of it but Nathan came in and... he promised that he would never leave. He told me he loved Noah so much and he would never leave him either but he did. And then I lost both my brothers." 

"Did he tell you why he left?" 

"Yes. Yes, he did."

 "Hey, little sister I wanna talk to you. Meet me near the river?" he asked through the phone

"Nathan, what's wrong?" 

"Nothing. I just want to talk to you."  Okay, something had to be wrong. 

"Okay. I'll be there in five," I tell him, wore my shoes and walked to Noah's room. 

"Noah, it's me. Open the door" I asked knocking on his door. 

"What do you want?" he yelled just as he opened the door. Alright, this is nothing new. 

"Are you and Nathan... okay?" I asked softly hoping that he wouldn't be pissed and yell at me again. What can I say, I am nothing but a punching bag for him.

"Why would you care? Now, get the fuck out of my face!" he snapped and slammed the door at my face. I walked out of the house to meet Nathan. 

"Hey loser" I called and sat down next to Nathan at the bench near the river. 

"Hey little sister," he said with a small smile but his enthusiasm was missing. Nathan would always go loud and extra but it seems like that had died out. 

"we broke up"

"What! No." They can not break up. Nathan was the only person that actually made Noah happy. I know my brother hates every living breath in me but that does not mean that I hate him as well. I hate to see Noah without Nathan. I don't even know what is Noah without Nathan because they were so happy together and their happiness brought happiness to me. It is because of Noah that I have Nathan in my life. Someone I could rely on and someone I would trust more than life. 

"It was complicated and um... I'm leaving." 

No. 

"W- what? You know you can't do that."  I felt the tears flowing down my cheeks. The pain going on in my chest is indescribable. He promised he would never leave me. What am I going to do without my big brother?