- 04 - Mom

The next whole week went with whispers and staring from random people at me

The next whole week went with whispers and staring from random people at me. It was all okay actually because the whole week Emma has been with me talking and gossiping well actually, she does most of the talking and the gossiping. Talking and being friends with Emma wasn't a bad idea and I solely don't regret it was comforting because something about her gives much light to my life and her smile just makes anyone's day better, to be honest. People actually looked shocked when they see both of us together because I bet, we look the complete opposite from what we wear to how we talk and mostly our attitudes. Well, I guess that's what makes us enjoy each other's company.  

Emma also reminds me of my childhood best friend we were complete polar opposites yet, we managed to keep our friendship strong and lasting for ten years until she realized that the imperfect me did not fit into her perfect life.

***

"RHEAAAA!! Slow down dude". "Jesus Em you are so loud. You should try keeping your mouth a bit soft"

"ouch," she said softly with a pouted face which made me smile. "Thank you and you know I love you right?" I said going for a hug.  

"I will know if you love me or not if you come with me for this party today at Brandon's place. He is rich, hot, and funny. Oh, and he comes with damn sexy friends" she says with a puppy dog face.

"Well, a. I love you, b. hell no! c. who the fuck is Brandon, d. I don't give a flying fuck about him and his friends". "Bitchy, and you are coming with me if you like it or not. Baby, you got no choice now"

"Fuck you, Emma!" I say showing my middle finger at her. "Aww, I'll take that as a Yes!"

She drags me out of school to my car which was shipped two days ago and she helped me get my driver's license so as pay back I should give her rides. Which was actually fine because I loved driving and I'd drive around than stay at home. But still, I choose to stay home than go to a party. It's 'Emma' so I basically got no choice.

I drop Emma at her place and she told me she will be waiting for me to pick her up at seven for the party and I'm hundred percent sure she will only be ready at seven-thirty. I had much time left so I drove around and saw this little store with motor equipment, bikes, and skateboards kept on the display. I always wanted a skateboard, well actually I never had one and I never got a chance to learn either. I go into the store and there was an old grumpy dude sitting at the counter reading a newspaper. He wouldn't even know if I just rob something and leave. I look around and at all the skateboards and saw a basic black skateboard with black wheels. 'perfect'.

"Excuse me. I would like to know what price this is?"

"Uh that would be thirty dollars," the grumpy dude which I assume could be the owner said still looking at the newspaper.

"I think thirty will be a bit too much. How about we go for twenty-five" well I got the cash. My father sends me money each month which makes him think that he is taking care of his children but I sure as hell know that he is sending this money just so that I would keep my mouth shut. At first, I rejected the money he sent for two months in a row and I sent them back to him but he resent them so eventually, I gave up and from that money, I get myself things like more poetry books, some groceries for home, gas for the car and morning coffee for Emma and I. I refused to tell my mother that father sends me money each month because I know she will take my card and use them for alcohol.

***

I got back home after getting some stuff for school and some essentials for home. Surprisingly, when I enter my mom was home not drunk as usual. I saw her at the dining table deeply concentrating on some papers which I assume are bills. I stood near the door and for a moment I saw my 'mom' she was so beautiful her eyes where brown just like mine and her dark black straight hair ended in an inch down her shoulders. Her skin was flawless when she smiled she had little dimples and everyone told me that I look so much like when she was young but every time I see her she reminds me of my little sister.

Then the reality draws  back and I saw her hair way past her shoulders, they were a bit messy. Then the dark circles under her eyes and the damage done to her beautiful skin due to all the drinking and smoking. She saw me, still standing near the door and staring at her.

"Rhea, what are you doing near the door and why the fuck are so late?" She said with a questioning tone and it hits me. That she has changed and she is not my 'mom' anymore because my mom never cursed at me she always talked with love and sympathy. she loved me.

"Hello to you too mother! And since when did you start caring about the time I come or not. Since you are never here. With me" I walked past her towards the stair way. "Rhea! Who said you could talk to me like that huh. You are even lucky that I didn't drop you like your  dad did"

"whatever mother and he's not my dad" and I continue to walk towards my room and shut the door behind me.

After having a small bathe I get into some black ripped jeans along with a black hoodie and tuck it in to the jeans lightly. From the few pairs of shoes I own I decided to wear my black combat boots and I head out at exactly seven-fifteen.

A/N-I JUST WANNA SAY THAT IM SO GLAD THAT YOU HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR EVEN IF ITS JUST 4 CHAPTERS. IM JUST SO EXCITED:).

AND I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT THIS BOOK OR ME DOES NOT SUPPORT SMOKING AT ALL IT IS HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH AND FOR OTHERS AROUND YOU. SO IT'S BASICALLY CANCER IN A STICK. BUT FOR ANY OF THE READERS WHO DOES SMOKE NO HATE AT ALL BECAUSE IT IS YOUR CHOICE AND I RESPECT IT AT ALL COST AND LETS TRY TO CONTROL THE INTAKE OF IT FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH.

STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY

- PEACE <3