- 23 - Collateral damage

(A/N - THERE WILL BE A NOTE TO PLAY THE SONG)

"Come on dear, look at your baby sister" my mother called my ten-year-old self

"Come on dear, look at your baby sister" my mother called my ten-year-old self. Little Rhea tiptoed and looked at her baby sister "Hello Nini" she whispered to her. I wanted to go near and hold my baby sister but I couldn't. I couldn't touch or feel anything. I turned my head to look at down my ten-year-old self already looking at me, tears in her eyes. I bent down to her height, "Why are you crying, Rhea?" I asked her.

"You killed my baby sister. Why did you do that?" No. No, I didn't kill my sister. I didn't kill Nini because I know when I wake up she'll be there playing in our backyard. I know it.

"Wipe your tears, little Rhea. I wouldn't let anything happen to your sister. I swear" I tell her but she shakes her head in disbelief and pointed her finger in a direction behind me. I stood up to look at what she's showing.

"Rhe please, take me to see the fireworks," six-year-old Nini said to my sixteen-year-old self lying on her bed.

"Go away, Nini. I'm sick I can't drive" she wasn't sick. She was drunk because I saw father's bottle of scotch hidden under her pillow.

"Rhea please do this last thing for me. Today is the last day they are showing the fireworks and I want to see them" Nini pleaded her. She made that irresistible sweet face. Rhea stood up from the bed tumbling.

No.

"Rhea don't do this. Please don't do go" I tell her and she just walked past me towards Nini.

"Lucky thing you have that irresistible face," she said cupping her cheeks and giving her a drunk smile.

"Rhea please. Don't go," I tell walking towards them. But they left.

"see" I turned towards the little voice of my ten-year-old self.

"No. She didn't die. I know Nini is there just wake me up" I cried dropping to the floor.

I heard the sound of tires screeching and when I looked up I was in the backseat of my mother's car. Rhea was driving and Nini beside her in the passenger seat. My little sister was smiling so brightly and suddenly her smile dropped to horror.

I looked at myself speeding the car with tears in her eyes. She didn't have control.

"Rhea, slow down. Please slow down! you are gonna crash. Please slow down" I screamed yet I was left unheard. I broke down in tears. God, wake me up, this is not real.

"It is. You killed my sister"

"Rhea!"

"yes," I tell snapping out of the nightmare I saw last night.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Lily asked and I nod in agreement. After the nightmare, I saw last night and puking almost all the food I ate, Damien told me not to go to school. So, here I am after many arguments and quarrels with Damien, I agreed to talk to Lily. I have no hope in this that it will actually help me make peace with my past but he convinced me that it never hurts to try and with many sweet and comforting words he told me to stop blaming myself for what had happened even after I told him that I could never.