- 13 - Prey of the night

Should I get help?

Should I get help?

Do I need to talk to someone?

but that would mean going through all of my past all over again.

what if that person thinks ill of me just the way my parents do?

School was finished and now, I was driving to Jason's house since Lily told me to meet her after. I would've not gone since I've been in an off mood. Lily is a comforting person and I could say I was more closely with her than I was with Damien when we used to hang out. I just hope when I walk into that house none of the boys would be home.

I was standing in front of the massive door. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Calm down, Rhea. she just wants to talk and Lily does not deserve one of your outbursts," I said to myself, and within seconds someone opened the door.

"hi, I'm here to meet Lily?" I told her and I think it's their maid. Damn, they have maids too.

"Oh yes! you must be Rhea. Jason talks about you all the time. He said you are the best but he told me he messed up and Yall are not friends anymore. That boy was really sad." she says almost in breath and as if she's seen, Meghan Markle. and to top it all off she got french an accent. Then I realized I've just stood there with wide eyes.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I said too much didn't I," she said looking down.

"No, you didn't," I say attempting to make her feel okay.

"Come in, come in. miss Lily is in her office. first-floor second door to the right and let me get your Jacket ma'am" she says.

"No, no it's okay I'll be wearing this, and please don't call me ma'am. you can call me Rhea" I tell her 'cause the jacket is the only thing covering my wrist right now.

I walk up the stairs and reached the door which was slightly open. "lily?" I call out.

"Rhea, come in dear," she says looking up from the book she was reading. I entered the office-like space it was pretty big for an office. In the corner, it had a black couch and on the center had a big desk, the room was filled with shelves of books on one side and the other had a shelf filled with types of vinyl, there was a record player located at the corner.

"Is that yours?" I ask looking at the vinyl and the record player.

"Yes, I'm the only one in this house who listens to old music," she says standing up from her table.

"does Damien not listen to old music now?" I ask taking a seat on the couch while she sits on the armchair in front of me.

"Oh he still does, I suppose. he just doesn't listen to vinyl"

"Hmm, so why'd you want to talk to me?" I ask making myself comfortable on the couch. This couch is so comfortable.

"Just, I guess I've missed my daughter," she says smiling at me. Those words just made my heart so happy even though I don't deserve it.