- 25 - Friends...

The warm water trickling down my hair to my spine, warming down my whole body. Without knowing I found myself scrubbing my arms which was held by a man who I didn't know and someone who touched me without my permission. I had that fear of what if.

What if, Damien wasn't there.

What if, I didn't fight even for a brief moment before my body gave in.

What if, he hurt Damien.

The 'if' possibility was very apprehensive. It brings out constant worry and the feeling that you were saved by a thin line.

I turn out of the faucet and got out of the bath. My clothes were left plainly folded on the counter, I dry myself and got dressed in some faded mom jeans and a cropped summer vest camisole. I walk out of the bathroom to see Damien still asleep. I wouldn't dare to wake him since this is the most amount of sleep he had in three days. Jason was bought home last night and for all those days Damien had stayed in the hospital with Lily. I wasn't alone in this big ass house, Emma and Jennifer were kind enough to keep me company and for those days we knew more about each other. From knowing that Jennifer's father is the town pastor and her mother is fully devoted to the church but they know nothing about how rebellious their one and only child is and that she's originally a blonde but she changes her hair colour like the seasons, to know that Emma has three brother's and one stepbrother which makes her the only girl in the family. Well, me on the other hand kept most parts of my story untold and mentioned that my elder brother was shot dead, my younger sister died of a car crash and my parents are divorced. All of us hadn't been going to school since Jason was admitted, which was a snag because we would be graduating as seniors in a few months and attendance had been taken into consideration strictly. So, we thought of going back to school on Monday since it's the end of the week anyway.

I lean on the door frame and admired the beauty in front of my eyes. The slight light coming out from the window fell right at Damien's uncovered back as the sheets only fell up to his hips. His arms were buried under the pillow and that dark brown hair fell messily on the clear white pillow. A little frown took over his face and that's something I've observed a lot. Most of the time he sleeps he has a little frown on his face like his eyebrows drew slightly closer but he looked adorable either way. I walked up to Damien and planted a small kiss on his cheek and just as I leaned back up he caught my wrist pulling me back down. Didn't know he was this much of a light sleeper. I tried to move my hand from his hold thinking that he would've fallen asleep again but instead, he held tighter. I stay like that for a moment until Damien's grip let loose. Letting out a small sigh I lift myself from him to be pulled back to bed. As soon as my back hit the bed his arm wrapped around my waist pulling me closer. I close my eyes and mentally curse at myself.

I turned my body towards Damien as his eyes were still closed but a little smirk crept his face.

"Please sleep" I whispered but I doubt he heard even though we were so close to each other.