- 08 - Personal therapist

"Noah, I know you prefer staying in and play your video games but can you please! at least pick me up after the party?"

"Rhea I'm not your goddamn driver. Ask one of your friends to drop you back home. oh wait, you don't have any" he laughs. why is he talking as if I'm not his sister? what on earth did I do to make him hate me so much? elder brothers are no use. 

"you know Noah if someone kidnaps and kills on my way home it's gonna be your fault"  why am I even speaking about this? I'm so freaking dumb. 

"hey, I actually hope it goes that way. it's finally gonna be great to get rid of you" he says not looking away from his video game. it kind of hurts but I know or I hope that some part of him did not actually mean what he said.  I turn around and walked away. 

"tell Nathan to give me a call" Noah screamed from his room. oh phew, at least Nathan will be there if something happens. 

Nathan is my 'brother from another mother' and Noah's boyfriend. which my highly religious parents still don't know of. They have been dating for 6 months now and for 6 months Nathan had been a brother to me more than Noah ever was. He was my only friend, no he's my best friend. Nathan is like my personal therapist, he listens to me and gives me advice. 

 I shake the thoughts and memories consuming my mind not wanting to re-live one of the most horrible days of my life. 

I wish he was here. 

If Nathan never left Noah would still be alive. My mother would still have her precious son. 

Then it hits me. It wasn't Nathan's fault. It's mine. 

I loaded the gun. Nathan just gave him one reason to pull the trigger. 

Yes, my 17-year-old elder brother who was loved dearly by every single one, shot himself and committed suicide. 

But for me and my parents, it was more of a murder. 

"Rhea, slow down we are going to pass the school" Emma's voice cut through my thoughts.

"Oh shit!" I make a quick turn into the school gates. 

"Girl, you should be in this world when driving. I'm way too young to die"

"Oh shut up, I'm not gonna let you die," I tell Emma, grabbed my backpack from the back seat, and got out of my car.

"Hey Em, can I ask you a question?" she nods not looking away from her phone.

"Why don't you have any friends?" I asked as we walk inside. 

"Ouch, but the reason is that I didn't find anyone that deserves my valuable friendship. You know you are one lucky bastard" she says smiling at me.