« 6 »

"Yes, a fucking beta wolf," Kyungsoo snarls and seethes through his teeth. "I bet he thinks he can get Baekhyun's heart back."

Junmyeon blinks at Kyungsoo slowly. "Can we have details first?"

Kyungsoo's anger doesn't seem to dissipate as he glares up at Junmyeon. "Park fucking Chanyeol," he states. "That should explain everything."

"Chan..yeol.. I think I've heard that name before.."

"Sure you do," Kyungsoo mutters.

"So, uhm, he won't entertain visitors because of having this Chanyeol in his house?"

Kyungsoo doesn't answer and only glares at nothing.

Junmyeon looks over at his mate, worry never dissipating as various thoughts and scenarios come to his mind.

"Will my mate be fine?" Junmyeon asks. Yixing gazes at him with a weak smile.

"Yeah, he'll be fine," Lu Han states. "We just have to keep him away from vampires," Lu Han instructs, "including you, Junmyeon."

"But how—" Junmyeon begins to retort, before Kyungsoo cuts it off.

"You talk so relaxed as if it's so easy to do, Lu Han." Kyungsoo sighs and blinks his gaze to Yixing. "First of all, Junmyeon is Yixing's mate. So of course they'd need and want to be close to each other. Now it's suddenly being taken away and of course this alone is hard."

"You sound so sympathetic," Junmyeon comments audibly.

Kyungsoo sets an empty gaze at Junmyeon. "And the child of a vampire and a werewolf is a hybrid, which means the child inside Yixing is a hybrid. And a hybrid is already powerful from its beginnings, which means your child smells vampire blood from outside. Aside from vampire and werewolf blood, a hybrid also considers vampire and werewolf flesh food, but they often like vampire blood better. Yixing was in pain because the hybrid is trying to get out to eat and drink what it senses from around."

"What measures shall we take then?" Junmyeon asks.

Kyungsoo pauses in subtle confusion for a moment before he blinks his gaze to the side to think through the question.

"We'll have to take Yixing away from the union," Kyungsoo states his answer after several seconds.

Junmyeon heaves a breath, his jaw tightening. "Please be serious."

Kyungsoo averts his gaze to Junmyeon, offended. "That wasn't a joke."

Lu Han widens his eyes away from the two talking and peeks at Yixing. "You okay?"

Junmyeon's attention shifts to Lu Han at the sound of his voice. "Shouldn't I be the one asking my mate that?"

Lu Han furrows his eyebrows in disbelief. "The tone of your voice is weird," Lu Han comments. "Well, I am a pack doctor, if you ever forgot. I'd obviously ask that a lot," Lu Han points out.

Junmyeon rolls his eyes and clears his throat.

"This shit is just funny. Well, Junmyeon, actually.." Lu Han begins, crossing his arms. "Trivia. Anyone can ask anyone else that. Now I am more worried about him. You're not even an alpha but you're too territorial."

Junmyeon scoffs and glares at Lu Han. "Do you ever shut up?"

"Not if someone's being too ridiculous," Lu Han snarls.

"We don't need your petty fight today," Kyungsoo interrupts. "Let me tell the two of you something, alright?" Kyungsoo starts, voice gradually increasing in volume. "Yixing. Is. Not. Okay," Kyungsoo emphasizes every word and looks at the two. "Is cooperating that hard?"