« 11 »

"I would bet that you don't even remember anything you've done," Kyungsoo pushes from his throat as he helps Junmyeon sit on a nearby chair. Kyungsoo's mind reaches for Yixing's to block his hearing from any conversation he's about to have with this man.

Junmyeon nods, gaze wavering before he chooses to look at Kyungsoo, and his eyes ask Kyungsoo a lot of things, but really, Kyungsoo's concerns can only go this far.

"Kyungsoo, I was trying to stop the thoughts.. I was, I was trying to keep myself away. All I remember is feeling that again, and then I woke up, not being able to move a limb."

Kyungsoo can feel Junmyeon's stare, but he doesn't look back. "That was my venom. I paralyzed you for your own mate's sake."

"Thank you," Junmyeon mumbles, looking down. "I don't know what could've happened if you didn't come. I'm sorry. I'm sorry and thank you."

Kyungsoo pushes his tongue against his cheeks in annoyance, bringing his hands together in an effort to not drain the life out of the person beside him.

Junmyeon almost killed his own mate. Kyungsoo can't even imagine what pain Yixing has gone through all because of Junmyeon's fault.

"I've told you to not do it," Kyungsoo states, not looking at Junmyeon as he sits beside him. "Look what happened to you. I was right. I warned you, Junmyeon. You didn't listen to me."

"I'm sorry," Junmyeon repeats, breathing in through his teeth. "I couldn't.. I couldn't let go of the desire to make Yixing happy. I was going to do everything to give him, us, a chance to have a child, to have a family. I didn't think this could ever happen. I didn't even know our child would become a hybrid. I only knew that I love that boy so much. I love—I-I love Yixing so much. I was willing to do everything to make him happy."

"You almost killed Yixing," Kyungsoo spitefully states, turning to Junmyeon with a teary gaze. "You almost killed the one you're saying that you loved. Is that what love means to you?"

Junmyeon shakes his head and sniffs, his own tears dropping down the cold floor. "I never wanted to hurt him. I love him.. If only I wasn't a vampire—"

"Is it love?" Kyungsoo interrupts, glaring at Junmyeon. "To wish you were something else. Is that love? What do you want? Do you want to impress him? Prove you're better than anyone for him? I don't understand, how love could work that way."

"No," Junmyeon responds quickly, looking at Kyungsoo and accepting the hate Kyungsoo's eyes deliver. "I just wanted to make him happy. I wanted to please him, be a good mate. I don't even—I don't even know how I received him as a destined mate, I—" Junmyeon hiccups and looks at the far door to Yixing's room. "I just wanted to deserve him. I wanted.. I also wanted, to be someone he deserves.."

"He didn't deserve anything you've caused him," Kyungsoo mutters, looking at the same direction. "That boy suffered so much from you. You're even the reason that he can't heal his own wounds. Come to think of it. You did it in the past. You must've said you loved him. So many fucking times. You must've spoken a lot of sweet promises, only to break them in the end. Only to break—" Kyungsoo frowns and looks down. "Only to break Yixing in the end. You couldn't stand by your own words. You couldn't prove the love you're very confident of uttering."

"That's why I wanted to make up for that, Kyungsoo," Junmyeon explains. "I wanted to make up for breaking my promises, for betraying his trust. I didn't believe him enough before, that he'll love me even if I wasn't a werewolf like him. An alpha that could provide him everything he'll ever need as an omega. I just wanted to be able to be what he deserves."

"By doing everything you can do," Kyungsoo questions, but it ends up sounding like a statement, to which Junmyeon agrees by humming. "Like what? A potion to fool Yixing's body into thinking you were an alpha?" Kyungsoo scoffs. "You make up for betraying his trust by betraying him again.."