« 15 » *

A day after Yixing gave birth, all of them has traveled back home after a serious limited union meeting led by Suede and Junmyeon on how to take care and handle the presence of a new born hybrid in the union.

At the moment, Seungcheol is under Suede's own territory and care.

Yixing curiously follows Junmyeon's movements as the said vampire walks in the room and sets a huge tumbler of water down the side table, leaving the door open.

Yixing can feel the range of unsettled emotions from Junmyeon through their bond when Junmyeon looks back at him, seeming to have noticed Yixing's stare.

"Hi.." Junmyeon talks like he's terribly unsure, and Yixing offers Junmyeon a weak smile to try and soothe this, which the vampire doesn't return, since he's rather slightly pouting at Yixing before frowning.

"How many months did they take you away from me again?" Junmyeon mutters audibly, inching closer to Yixing to reach out to his face.

Yixing doesn't know why his first instinct is to flinch away, but he immediately does it without him thinking. He widens his eyes at his own action before looking back up at Junmyeon.

Junmyeon is staring at him with confusion, before he quickly pulls his own arm away from Yixing. "O-Oh.." Junmyeon trails off, looking away. "Right.."

"I didn't mean to, Myeonnie.." Yixing clears out, wanting to grab Junmyeon himself to let the vampire touch him, but Junmyeon is already rounding the bed and climbing up from the other side.

Yixing can only watch his mate with a worried gaze.

"I'm sorry," Junmyeon breathes out while he shuffles to inch himself closer to the headboard, lowering his head. "I'm sorry I almost killed you that day."

Yixing's breath hitches the moment he's reminded of it, but he bites his lips hard to suppress any other sound. "I-I'm alright now, Junmyeon.."

"I wasn't able to help you in any way with my own hands, but then I made things worse for you."

"I'm alright now," Yixing repeats, his tone much firmer this time, which must be why Junmyeon lifts his gaze and is now staring at Yixing.

"You're alright now," Junmyeon echoes, expression unreadable.

"Yes," Yixing affirms, searching for more words to say as his fingers curl around the bedsheets, willing himself to keep eye contact. "Suede told us, right? I was bound to die, and then Seungcheol would be taking me back."

Junmyeon's lips move like he's chewing the inside of his mouth before he then nods slowly, looking at Yixing like he's searching for something in the younger's eyes. "But I still hurt you."

"I'm pretty sure you had your reasons," Yixing slowly responds, shuffling forward to get closer and to lean his head against Junmyeon's shoulder. "It's okay, Myeonnie.." he reassures, closing his eyes momentarily.

Yixing hears Junmyeon heave a sigh, and he bites his own lip in sympathy, looking down, only sensing Junmyeon's movements before he feels Junmyeon's fingers carding lovingly through his hair.

"I can't protect you from myself," Junmyeon mutters. Yixing tilts his head to peer at him, yet the said vampire is staring at a distance. "I'm so sorry you had to face everything alone, Yixing. You took the pain alone, and then I made it worse. And now.. now you're flinching when I get too near."

"I'm fine, Daddy," Yixing whispers, eyes keen watching Junmyeon's expression as he lifts one of his hands to rest it on Junmyeon's chest.

Junmyeon's lips turn up to a subtle smile at Yixing's words before he shifts his glance to his mate. "Baby boy.." he responds, bringing down his hand to cup Yixing's cheek and caress it with his thumb. "I'm a real daddy now," he comments, chuckling softly before relocating his hand on Yixing's waist.