« 34 »

"See, Jongdae's birthday is tomorrow. This one request is too much. Can't you move something else?" Yixing inquires, standing awkwardly at the center of the living room beside Minseok, holding out his phone with Baekhyun on-call.

[I'm really sorry, hyung. I'm visiting the other union tomorrow with Kyungsoo and Suede. It's really immovable.]

"There has to be another way," Yixing protests, looking at Minseok, who gestures to quit it. "Minseok hyung.."

[I'm really sorry, guys. I called Lu Han already hyung though. He'll hunt with you, Minseok hyung. You won't be alone.]

"What?" Minseok questions quickly, frowning at the device in Yixing's hands. "Why did you make him tweak schedules for you? You know Sehun is due in a week or two. You should've respected his wishes."

[It's actually in his schedule, hyung,] Baekhyun points out, audibly swallowing. [That's why I'm just asking you to accompany Lu Han hyung so that you two can hunt for the whole pack instead of Lu Han hyung just hunting a bit for Sehun.]

"If he was supposed to hunt for Sehun then that's even worse," Minseok remarks, and the way he talks makes Yixing look at him attentively for any more words he may say.

[Hyung, there's no more that I can do. I'll be doing the next pack hunting for the pack though. This is just for tomorrow. I promise.]

Minseok sighs heavily. "Okay.. I get the night free though, okay? I have been working my ass off so I won't have to do anything tomorrow, Baekhyun. This was uncalled for and a bit too careless on your part."

[Y-Yes, I understand, hyung. I'm sorry. I'll be back for the next day, I swear.]

"Thank you. I expect improvement. You'll be a mated wolf very soon and you can't be a slacking pack member."

Yixing resorts to staring at the fluffy, cream-colored couch when silence fills the room, feeling Minseok looking up at him when the phone signals Baekhyun ending the call after roughly twenty seconds of not talking.

"So.." Minseok starts. "So I have to see Lu Han.." Minseok trails off, clearing his throat.

"I guess you're right," Yixing breathes out. "You can go home now, hyung. You can spend the remaining hours today with Jongdae to make up for it."

"I have another thing to do: patrolling. There are human campers one kilometer away from the far west of the territory," Minseok whispers, flashing a smile that doesn't reach his eyes before looking away. "I'll just be watching Jongdae sleep after my job is done. I'm not feeling too tired anyway."

Yixing stares at Minseok in sympathy.

"Can't you.. do it with Jongdae, hyung? You're not traditional anyway, right? You'll allow Jongdae to patrol with you, even when he's an omega, right?"

"I'd love to, but," Minseok sucks a breath through his teeth, "if he's close, I might lose focus, so.." Minseok vaguely explains, tilting his head slowly. "He can just stay home and be safe and sound, like a pretty, submissive omega. That's fine with me."

"Can't Zitao patrol?" Yixing retorts, trying. "I really just feel bad that you can't do all your plans for Jongdae."

"Zitao is doing research work with Kyungsoo at the moment though.. He's busy for tonight."