« 23 » *

A/N: Everyone, thank you for 1.4k reads! Thank you so much for giving my books a chance~ ❤️ Hope you're enjoying so far..!

* * * * *

Yixing slumps himself on the couch as soon as he gets home, his throat hurting from talking so much just to be sure Jongdae would be using the potions correctly, while also shushing Jongdae and telling him that if ever he doesn't get pregnant, there's still going to be another time.

Yixing massages his left wrist, rolls his neck before closing his eyes to rest for a bit.

The feeling of fatigue suddenly makes Yixing yearn for his mate's embrace.

'Myeonnie.. Are you on your way home yet?'

'Oh. We're not yet finished, sweetheart. Maybe just several more minutes.'

Yixing pouts for a small moment and stares at the ceiling, before a familiar memory flashing in his eyes.

He furrows his eyebrows and subconsciously tilts his head to the right as an image of Junmyeon smiling maliciously down at him while seemingly having a hand up his head shows itself.

'What am I seeing, Lay? This is from you, right? It looks real and you're scaring me.'

Yixing slowly looks down at himself as he waits for his wolf's response.

'Lay,' Yixing sternly says.

His wolf sighs. 'Yes, it's me.'

'What are those?' Yixing whispers, breathing in shakily when Lay shows more images to him again.

Lu Han sitting on his chair in the medicine room. Junmyeon straddling Lu Han and gripping his collar tightly.

Blood.

'Junmyeon tried to erase your memories,' Lay informs. 'I took charge and kept them for you.'

'Junmyeon did that? But why? What did he have to erase?'

'He has an aberration, Yixing,' Lay states, making Yixing's eyes widen abruptly.

'What?! Since when?'

Yixing shoots up from his seat, for a moment feeling dizzy from the force he used himself, making him sit back down.

'Lay, tell me. I have to know it. This is about our mate.'

'Wait for a small moment and I'll give all your memories back to you.'

* * * * *

Minseok tilts Jongdae's head up gently so he can slip the pill inside Jongdae's mouth, before guiding the glass of water to Jongdae's lips.

Jongdae's gaze drifts to Minseok, and as the latter finishes helping Jongdae drink the medicine, Jongdae stares at him sadly.

"It's okay. I can wait. I promise I will wait. I just want you to be safe. Please remember that," Minseok states, carefully so Jongdae will be able to listen through the thoughts and understand him.

"I don't deserve you," Jongdae whispers, voice trembling. "I don't deserve an alpha like you.."

Minseok leans in and pulls Jongdae into his embrace. "You deserve me, and the whole world, and more, Jongdae," Minseok whispers, kissing Jongdae's shoulder soothingly. "You don't know how lucky I feel every time I remember you choosing to love me. It's the best feeling.. having you, feeling your love. So I won't be a fool and not let you know that. You're everything that I have and I just don't wanna see you hurting like that time again.. Please don't rush.."

"Alpha.." Jongdae holds Minseok tightly. "I'm sorry.."

"It's okay.. It's fine, baby.. You don't have to say sorry."