« 36 »

'I didn't know that there were special case alphas..' Yixing thinks to himself, chewing on his lower lip as he reads through the mini guide that Lennux just gave him about all the special case werewolves.

Yixing pays no heed to the surroundings heading to the union's territory, until he almost crashes into a tree trunk.

He looks up with wide eyes, lowering the paper he's holding as he gawks at the big piece of plant he almost bumped himself into.

He suddenly senses another presence near him, causing him to pause, and he hastily turns to his back when he hears a sound of the rustling of leaves.

"Wh-Who's that?" Yixing questions, stepping backwards and clutching the paper into his chest. "W-Who are you..?"

"Yixing, it's me," someone croaks out, and Yixing hastily turns to the noise, which has apparently come from the other side of the tree trunk.

With careful steps, Yixing rounds the space and spots the person who has talked.

"Minseok hyung.." Yixing breathes out in relief, noting Minseok's tense sitting posture as he buries his face in his palms.

"Yeah.." Minseok replies, his voice muffled. "Your pheromones.. You smell scared."

"I-I am scared, alpha.." Yixing confirms, settling himself beside the alpha and tapping his knee. "Are you okay?"

"I'm scared, too," Minseok confesses, dropping his hands and meeting Yixing's eyes with a worried expressions. "Jongdae," Minseok swallows. "He might kill Lu Han."

Yixing furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "A-And you'd let him?"

"I have no control over this," Minseok breathes out, eyes darting. "Jongdae heard Lu Han talk with me about.." Minseok intakes a sharp breath. "A-About what he wanted.."

"I don't understand," Yixing states, frowning.

Minseok quickly shakes his head. "This is all my fault.."

"Hyung," Yixing mutters, rubbing Minseok's lower back. "Let's just," Yixing looks up, "Let's just hope Jongdae won't do it.."

"No, what if he does?!" Minseok cries out, gently pushing Yixing's hand away. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry.." Minseok breathes out.

"Hyung.." Yixing trails off, before he feels a strange emotion from his mating bond with Junmyeon.

Minseok turns to him with a worried expression. "Jongdae is hesitating.."

The blue lining in Minseok's irises appears to Yixing's sight again, but the same blue is the color of Yixing's shirt, so he mindlessly lets that observation away.

Yixing flickers his gaze away, breathing shallowly. "Junmyeon is sending emotions to me.."

"What?" Minseok mutters, pushing himself up immediately. "What emotions?"

Yixing takes Minseok's hand and pulls himself on his feet as well.

"I don't.. know.." Yixing trails off, stepping forward as his instincts tell him Seungcheol is somewhere near.

Yixing strides and leaves Minseok subconsciously, until he sees Seungcheol frowning towards something far for such a long time before slumping himself on the ground.

Following his child's line of sight, he sees a bleeding Lu Han left alone as Jongdae walks away.

Yixing breathes out, mindlessly turning to the direction of where Lu Han is, running towards the injured alpha.

"Lu Han-ge," Yixing exclaims, surveying all of Lu Han's wounds and sighing in relief when they slowly heal back.

Lu Han doesn't look back, only making a sound from his throat as a response before he turns his head right, spitting the blood in his mouth out.