« 20 »

"What took you so long?" Minseok inquires when Jongdae arrives and stands for several seconds on the doorway of their bedroom.

Jongdae doesn't answer, clutching the glass of water between his fingers and looking up at Minseok through the strands of hair that cover his eyes.

"I don't understand.." Jongdae trails off as he walks towards Minseok. 'Why can't Sehun say it? Lu Han hyung would be so happy..' Jongdae talks through his and Minseok's mind link.

'Maybe because Lu Han won't be happy,' Minseok answers.

Jongdae frowns at him and sets the glass he's holding down the nearest table along with his phone, climbing up the bed after.

'Making their omega pregnant with their pups is what will make an alpha so happy..' Jongdae argues. 'Why in the world will Lu Han hyung not be happy?'

'Lu Han already knows Sehun is pregnant even without Sehun telling him. He's not happy though.'

'But why..' Jongdae trails off as he leans his head on Minseok's lap. 'It would make you happy though, right? If I just become like Sehun, you'd be so happy..'

Minseok looks down at Jongdae, furrowing his eyebrows in concern. Jongdae is closing his eyes though so he doesn't see.

'If you'll become someone else, there's no way I'd be happy..' Minseok replies, and he hopes Jongdae knows his heart.

"You only say that.." Jongdae whispers.

Minseok bites the inside of his cheeks and looks to the side, blinking his tears away. "Oh, you didn't drink the water. Come on, get up."

Minseok reaches over to the table and picks up the glass for Jongdae, about to bring it to his omega when Jongdae's phone lights up with a notification sound.

Minseok glances at Jongdae who's looking down with a sad frown before turning back to it.

"That's a lot of messages.." Minseok mutters as he notices the stream of the messaging app's notifications showing the same sheep emoji as the sender.

Minseok tilts his head as he returns to the table, setting the glass back down and picking Jongdae's phone up before starting to read the last message.

"Should I come to your house or should you come to mine? Please hurry before Junmyeon gets home," Minseok reads in a monotone voice, before looking at Jongdae in confusion. "Is there an event with Yixing?"

Jongdae's eyes are wide as he scrambles to retrieve his phone from Minseok, clutching it to his chest before looking away, irises shaking. "Nothing. It's—Th-There's no, there's no event.."

Minseok frowns, perplexed, crawling to Jongdae before sitting beside him. "You're not.. going to tell your mate what you two were talking about?"

Jongdae looks down, shaking his head 'no' as he bites his lips, before flickering his gaze up at Minseok hesitatingly.

"You do know that I can make you do it, Jongdae, right?" Minseok utters, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"I-If you force me to, with orders or pheromones, I-I'd feel violated.." Jongdae whispers, chewing on his lips as he clutches his phone tightly with his fists while his fingers cling on his shirt.

Minseok closes his mouth, gazing at Jongdae in remorse. "O-Okay, sorry.. baby."

* * * * *

Yixing purses his lips after sending one more message, growing impatient as he's stalled on the doorway of his own potion-making room waiting for any of Jongdae's response.