« 43.5 »

A/N:

This chapter is optional to read since I think it doesn't affect SuLay's plot much, but if you want to know about HunHan's part, then you can still see it here.

The first flashback contains additional information compared to the first time it was shown in 'Fidelity'. 😊

This chapter has 7k+ words WHAT.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy reading (since more stress is coming) !! 💝💌

* * * * *

Lu Han watches Baekhyun as the latter momentarily hesitates before raising his hand to the level of Lu Han's head.

"I-I'm going to read your memory now, hyung, and then I'll put what I'll see in your mate's mind link so Sehun can, too," Baekhyun informs. "Do you consent?"

Lu Han forces a small smile before nodding.

Baekhyun glances up at Lu Han's anxious eyes before abruptly looking down, swallowing as he starts.

Baekhyun then immediately feels fatigue from simultaneously reading memories and sharing senses to Sehun.

"So this is that day. And because I know it's memorable for you, I brought you this."

Lu Han looks down at the medium-sized box Minseok is handing out, taking it in his hand with a weak smile. "Uh, I really won't call it that. It's not like I was happy when it happened anyway," Lu Han answers, opening the box to see a stuffed toy with the same brand as what he always buys for Sehun.

He easily understands why Minseok is giving this to him.

"It's still memorable though.." Minseok mutters, gesturing to the plushie, and Lu Han pulls out the paper mindlessly.

Lu Han chuckles as he smells Sehun's chocolate scent, but he frowns as he remembers Minseok's words. "So losing the chance to be your mate is memorable?"

"Lu Han," Minseok states. "Stop it."

"I'm sorry but that's what made me remember this day. I was crying when I realized I turned into an alpha, because it was the worst thing," Lu Han explains, not really feeling anything about because all he knows is his feeling as he reads the tag on the plushie.

'Happy turning to an alpha, hyung! I made Minseok hyung give it because I'm shy to give you. Hehe. Love you.

— Oh Sehun, your prince.'

"Lu Han."

Lu Han doesn't even hear Minseok as he bites back a smile, slightly rolling his eyes to keep a straight face, getting overwhelmed by butterflies in his stomach with Sehun's handwriting.

Really, really sweet.

Do I deserve this though, my precious omega?

Lu Han raises his gaze to meet Minseok's worried eyes, and he tilts his head, concluding that Minseok is confused, so he feels the need to explain.

"You are the one who'll be the alpha pack leader anyway.. Why did I have to become an alpha? I should've just turned into an omega and made it possible to have you. It's not like Jongdae would accept you. That's what I thought. I loved you that much. Sehun was nothing. Even after he came back, it was all you."