« 27 »

"But why would Jongdae hyung go there alone?"

"He said he wanted to check up on Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The other day when he went there, the two were asleep somehow," Lu Han explains.

"There's something we don't know.." Sehun states, frowning. "I can't get an idea of what's happening.. It's frustrating."

"Jongin reported that Baekhyun isn't hurting Chanyeol anymore, and that the only reason it happened is because of blood alteration."

"Blood alteration.." Sehun trails off. "Who would be able to do that?" Sehun's eyes widen, and he hastily turns to Lu Han. "We have to do something."

Lu Han purses his lips, about to say something along the lines of the situation being none of their concern, but that would be a lie, so Lu Han thinks against it.

'Help! Please, help!'

The loud howl that reaches them is Jongdae's, and it seems like he's at the forbidden street according to how Lu Han and Sehun senses the sounds.

"What's happening?" Sehun shots up in alarm, only to sit back down as his head spins.

"It's okay.. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are there. Jongdae will be safe.." Lu Han reassures, holding Sehun gently by the arm to support him.

"Jongdae hyung.." Sehun trails off. "I wish I could help.."

"It's okay.. He'll be fine. For now, take a rest."

Sehun can only sigh in defeat, nodding and leaning his head on Lu Han's shoulder subconsciously.

Lu Han's heart may have stopped.

* * * * *

Minseok chuckles and lets go, pulling Jongdae into his arms. "I love you."

"So sudden.." Jongdae remarks, but still replies, "I love you, too.. no matter how annoying you are.."

Minseok makes a playful sound of protest and parts from Jongdae. "Take that back," Minseok states with a childish frown. Jongdae tries not to give in, but Minseok's face affects him too much.

"Alright, alright, you're not annoying," Jongdae sighs in defeat. Minseok smiles, pleased. "Okay, so I can go now, right? You've finished your overprotective speech..?"

Minseok nods. "Take extra care," Minseok mutters.

"Ah, he's not finished," Jongdae jokes. "What else?"

"I love you," Minseok states.

"You're making me stay and just cuddle.." Jongdae trails off. "I'll have to go before you persuade me," Jongdae giggles and turns to the door, only to have Minseok suddenly hug him from behind, causing him to pause in his tracks.

"Say you love me," Minseok whispers.

"I love you so so much, alpha," Jongdae speaks sincerely, putting his hands over Minseok's hands and tapping on it silently. "Now can you please let me go?"

"No, don't go.." Minseok disapproves, tightening his hug and resting his chin over Jongdae's shoulder. "I can never let you go.."

Jongdae rolls his eyes. "It's just to Baekhyun.. I'll be returning quickly," Jongdae states. "It's not like I'm leaving.."

"You are leaving," Minseok points out. "I'm getting so anxious again.."

"I'll be back in no time," Jongdae whispers. "I promise."