« 45 »

Yixing is about to lay Jeonghan down Seungcheol's extra crib he pulled out from his and Junmyeon's room earlier when Jongdae suddenly asks him to cover Jeonghan ears.

Yixing looks up at Jongdae in confusion but does what the younger omega has requested.

He's not about to scream at Minseok who's just sitting cross-legged silently beside Junmyeon at the couch, right?

Jongdae strides to the doorway, resting his clenched fists beside his thighs as he faces the woods.

Yixing contemplates on asking Lay to release his calming scents, but Jongdae, instead of what Yixing expects, howls loudly, his voice filled with union-decodable words, resounding into and out the walls.

Oh, that information officer work.

"That's for Suede?" Yixing inquires, letting go of Jeonghan's ears after Jongdae turns to hin.

Jongdae nods. "Yes, hyung," Jongdae confirms, meeting Yixing's eyes with a thin-lipped smile. "Kyungsoo, too."

"Oh... Okay then. Let's wait for their response."

Jongdae hums in agreement, finding his space on the couch across where Junmyeon and Minseok are. He keeps his eyes at distant walls, humming audibly.

The calming song then pauses as Jongdae starts to frown, looking at Yixing with a contemplative expression. "Why hasn't Suede returned the past few days though, hyung? Is Lennux in heat?"

Yixing furrows his eyebrows, looking down to think. "I'm not quite sure about Lennux's heat cycle," Yixing mutters, tapping his toes into the floor. "They don't input it in Lu Han's server either."

"That's right," Jongdae agrees.

Yixing moves to sit himself down the floor (which Minseok cleaned earlier) below where Junmyeon is sitting.

Junmyeon soon moves to pet Yixing's hair, and Yixing's heart instantly flutters, eyes falling shut.

Are the most effortless actions the ones that get me or the apparently well-thought out cringy phrases?

Or both?

Or perhaps, it's just everything that comes from Junmyeon.

Perhaps, this one question is actually the simplest to answer.

Maybe it's just because it's Junmyeon.

Yixing sighs in contentment and turns his face to lean his cheek against Junmyeon's thigh.

Doing this makes Yixing notice, though, Minseok's fumbling fingers, before the alpha grips the couch tightly.

Yixing looks up at Minseok's face in curiousity, finding out that the leader alpha is looking at Jongdae.

"Hyung, didn't you say that you've already met Lennux?"

Yixing turns back to Jongdae who has just talked and subconsciously holds Junmyeon's hand, raising his eyebrows at the younger omega's question. "Yeah, why?"

"Is it really confidential? Can't I know if they're biologically a male or a female omega?"

"I'll tell you which, but you'll have to keep it a secret." Yixing puts a finger over his lips, knitting his eyebrows lightly, before he lets it go when Jongdae pouts. "I'm kidding. I don't know the answer, too. But what I know is that Lennux is a child of a real wizard so his father put some kind of a harmless magic trick before."

"His?" Jongdae echoes, eyes widening. "So a male? You slipped, hyung!"

Yixing giggles, shaking his head. "I didn't slip..! Not like that. It's like an illusion, where only Suede isn't affected. If you meet them, they'll be exactly what you initially thought they were."