~Chapter 37~

ANNABEL FLEMING

Heat.

All I can feel surrounding me is a warm feeling almost as if I am laying near a fireplace.

It's not a bad warmth, but it throws me off, being that I haven't felt this much warmth in so long.

I am laying in my bed in the room which I now call mine. I don't even know how I got here because the last thing I can remember before going to sleep was bringing a vinyl downstairs and putting it on the record player as I drank tequila.

As soon as I remember the tequila, I feel the headache sting my brain. I suck in a breath through my teeth at the pain and try to roll over to my other side, as I do there is something around me that makes it difficult to turn.

My eyebrows crease as I struggle under a weight. I feel around my waist with my hands, still half asleep, trying to ascertain why I feel a weight around me. As I do, my fingers come in contact with skin, an arm.

Why do I have an arm around my waist?

I slowly open my eyes and almost scream when I see who the arm belongs to.

Harry is laying beside me, his face cuddled into my neck and his arm around my waist as he snores lightly in a deep sleep.

That explains the warmth, it was his body heat.

What the actual hell is Harry doing in my bed right now? I was so drunk last night that the memories are all blurry and I have no idea what happened.

Oh my God, what the fuck happened last night?

My heart starts beating in anxiety about what the reason for Harry being asleep beside me right now could be. I bite my lip and close my eyes, hoping we didn't do anything.

I let out a long breath, quietly, in hopes to keep Harry asleep while I try to remember what happened last night.

I look down at our bodies, pressed together under the sheets of my bed. If I look under this comforter right now and see that I have no clothes on, I don't know what I am going to do.

I hesitate before lightly picking up the blanket to look underneath at my body.

Fully clothed.

Phew.

I'm still not off the hook though, I still have no clue what happened to get us in this position.

I turn my head on the pillow to look at Harry, his eyes peacefully closed as he sleeps.

I try my best to keep quiet as I try to lift the covers off of him to make sure he is fully clothed as well.

As my fingers are about to lift the sheet, I am startled by a raspy voice grumbling beside me.

"We didn't have sex, Sunflower," Harry mumbles into my neck, his eyes still closed. His tone has a tiny hint of humor in it, telling me that he knew what I was thinking.

"Why should I trust you to tell the truth about that?" I am still very worried about this as my body is completely still, too afraid to make any subtle movement.

He suddenly unhooks his arm from my waist and sits up, rubbing the sleep away from his eyes with his pointer finger and knuckle.

"Trust me," he yawns with his arms in the air as he stretches. "If you had sex with me, you would've remembered it."

I grimace at his statement, not just from the thought of us sleeping together, but also from his cockiness.

"Then what the fuck are you doing in my bed?" I sit up as my voice raises a bit. This is very strange, I really need to stop drinking on this island it's dangerous. I am a terrible drunk, I never know what I'm doing and once my mind is sober again, I forget what I did.