~Chapter 13~

^^^Play this when it tells you to.

ANNABEL FLEMING

I continue to walk up to the man with long blonde dreadlocks. He doesn't seem to notice me, he just continues to strum his guitar without a care in the world.

I'm surprised music isn't banned in Eroda, I mean it just seems too much of a joyful thing to have on an island like this.
The closer I get the more anxious I become. What if I get up here and he completely ignores me? What if he knows I'm up to something.

I continue to walk and before I even notice that I am standing right in front of him staring down at the man, the guitar stops playing.

"Excuse me," he says with a confused look on his face. "Do you need something?" He asks me.

"I'm sorry, I was just in trance by your music," I say as I realize that I probably looked creepy standing above him like I was. "You are very talented," I say as nothing else comes to my mind. He ignores me and continues to play on his guitar as if nothing in the world could bother him...if he only knew.

Now that I am standing closer to him, I recognize the familiar tune that he is playing. It instantly brings back memories from my childhood. My Mom used to have this CD and would always play it in the car as she drove me to school. As he plays on I start to lightly hum the tune. He looks up at me as if to be confused as to why I know the song. I then start to lowly sing the lyrics that I remember.

*Play song now *

"I follow the Moskva
Down to Gorky park
Listening to the wind of change"

Jeffrey looks surprised and taken aback before he lightly sings back.

"An August summer night
Soldiers passing by
Listening to the wind of change"

Without thinking, I look at him and smile but turn my lips back into a straight line. Jeffrey looks back down at his guitar and seems really into the song. But instantly my heart drops as I remember what comes next in the song. Surely he won't do it though, I mean he knows the rules. Before I can stop him, Jeffrey begins to whistle the tune of the song and my heart sinks further down as I watch what happens next.

I scream as I see the wind start to pick up. Jeffery has so much fear in his eyes as he tries to quickly grab his belongings and make a run for it. The wind is growing stronger and stronger and the next thing I see is Jeffery slowly start to get lifted. I start to tear up. I know this is what I came here to do, but Jeffrey meant no harm.

"Run kid," he yells with a sense of panic in his voice. He starts to get lifted even higher in the sky and then is being pulled harshly back and forth in the air. He is moving closer and closer towards the outskirts of town and before I know it he is out of my vision.

"I'm so sorry Jeffery," I yell as I fall to my knees and start to cry into my hands. That poor man did not deserve that. He was just peacefully playing his guitar, not expecting anything to happen. And...and then I came along and ruined it.

I am sobbing and breaking apart on the ground when I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders from behind me. I look up and see Harry standing there.

"Let's go," he says as he reaches for my hand," that's enough sabotaging for right now." We silently start to walk back towards the cabin. It is so silent as if everybody in Eroda has decided to not do anything. That was until a loud bang was heard from across the island. I immediately dropped to the ground and Harry protectively crouches down over me. Nothing is heard for a few seconds, so we slowly start to get up. But then we heard another shot fired.