~Chapter 43~

HARRY STYLES

~Earlier~

Jenny slams her door in my face after she got annoyed with Anna and me being all lovey-dovey in front of her. We had to do it though, I am almost positive she is on to me, and that is the last thing I need happening right now.

If any of them find out that Anna was kidnapped, it would be an end game for her safety. Niall knows, but I can trust him, I know he would never say anything to them.

I roll my eyes at how she rudely slammed her door in my face, as I begin to walk away from her house. The conversation Anna and I just had, running through my mind.

The way we both said I love you, knowing that behind that stupid word, our true feelings were hiding, Hate.

These thoughts are invading my mind as I stop by my cabin and grab my bike, not feeling up to walking all the way to the castle today.

As I begin to pedal down the worn-out grass path that is all too familiar to me, last night's memories flood through my mind without warning. I have been pushing them back, but now that I am alone with my thoughts, they come barging in and invading my head.

Last night was...unexpected.

I did give her the offer of me helping her out, but it was mostly me just trying to fuck with her head. I never thought she would actually take me up on it.

I obviously knew she was sex deprived, who wouldn't be after being away from normal human contact for a month? I just never in a million years thought she'd actually come knocking on my door.

I had been lying in my bed, thoughts of our earlier events and conversation from that night running through my mind. I couldn't seem to sleep. It was the first time we have both had a civil conversation. She shared things about herself and for some stupid ridiculous reason, I gave in and shared a few things too. They were harmless, unimportant things, but she seemed excited to learn them, oddly. What my brain would not let me forget though, was that kiss in the rain. When I got out of bed to go get a glass of water and hopefully get her words off of my mind, she was standing outside of my bedroom door, walking away quietly.

It all escalated pretty quickly from there, me not having the time or the control to think about it before it happened.

She seemed embarrassed about it this morning though, nothing like how she was acting last night. I'm glad about that, I just hope she doesn't think this is going to be a regular thing we do.

Although I wouldn't mind getting some of the perks myself...

No. I need to stay away from her in that sense. It is far too dangerous, she and I. Pig would go absolutely berserk if he found out that I am fake dating her, let alone doing actual stuff.

His mind is set on one thing, and that is making sure that Annabel Fleming dies.

It's an odd situation I have myself in, being the one who is supposed to kill her. All of my friends think I am dating this girl, their only information on her being that of which I told them the day after she arrived on the island. They think we met on the mainland while I was away and wanted to come live with me here.

I'm not sure how well we are playing this part of girlfriend and boyfriend who are supposedly madly in love, but I'm hoping it's working well.

If anyone finds out why she is actually here, they'd probably try to stop Pig, only ending up getting themselves hurt or Anna killed sooner.

I know she has to die, I've known this from the start.

My task was to bring her to Eroda, getting her away from the mainland, and bring her to Pig so that he could kill her. But she made it quite difficult, with her escaping and strong will to not give up. Which made Pig change his mind, wanting me to be the one to kill her instead.