~Chapter 16~

ANNABEL FLEMING

"So take me." He simply says and my heart skips a beat.

Two of the men look at each other and shrug their shoulders before each grabbing one of Harry's arms. They are both so much taller than him that it makes Harry's usual tall and lean figure look short. They aggressively pull him and start to walk in the direction that they came from. Harry doesn't try to fight against them, which slightly confuses me a bit. Usually, Harry wouldn't be seen going down without a fight. I stand there in complete shock from the fact that Harry just volunteered himself to get taken into the dungeon instead of handing me over to them. My brain finally catches up with what is happening and the only thing I can think to do is scream.

"Harry!" I start to run after him, I am not sure what I think I will do if I reach him, but it was my immediate instinct. The guys who have their large arms around Harry's don't stop walking, but Harry looks back at me. "What...what am I supposed to do? Where do I go?"

"Go back home!" He tells me right before one of the men pushes his head back down. Harry fights against it and keeps his eyes on mine. "And Sunflower?" He asks and I look at him with wide eyes. "Lock the door and do not open it for anyone. Do you understand?" I nod my head and a tear streaks down my face. I watch the five large men in black as they take away the only way I had off of this island.

I turn around and see all of the worried expressions. Niall looks completely pissed and so does Jenny. Lana and Liam look concerned.

"How long does someone stay in the dungeon of despair?" I ask Lana as I wipe the tears off of my face.

"It depends on how much Pig hates them," she shrugs her shoulders, but I notice and worried expression on her face.

"What? Lana, why do you have that look on your face?" I ask with rising concern in my voice.

"Um," she looks behind her at Niall, Jenny, and Liam who look just as worried as her. "It's just that...Harry is known to be...well he just isn't Pig's favorite person in the world." I look behind her at Niall and see that he is avoiding eye contact with me. They know things that I could really use. Things that would be nice to know when I let words that somehow trigger Harry's anger slip out of my mouth. Things that would be helpful to know when Harry comes back and I somehow have to make him fall in love with me so that I can get the hell off of this island.

"You heard Harry, you better get the hell back to his cabin," Jenny sneers at me while I'm lost in my thoughts. I stand there, still slightly stunned by everything that has happened within the last few minutes. "Now!" She raises her voice, and my feet start to move. I have walked this island only a few times before. I'm pretty positive that I haven't even seen the entire island yet, but I know my way from here to Harry's cabin.

My feet are faster than my brain at the moment as I take off across the field of dead grass and don't even look back. I haven't run this fast since that day I tried to escape from Eroda. The day the sailboat caught on fire and I passed out. I still don't really understand why Harry saved me back then. Or maybe he didn't save me, it is all still very confusing as to how I got back to his cabin safely. Since then, I have learned that the reason the sailboat caught on fire was that it was on an odd-numbered day. I'm not sure what happens on even-numbered days, but Louis informed me that only Pig and Harry know how to leave the island so I'm assuming I shouldn't try it if I don't want to die. I don't have any way of knowing what the date is anyway, so how would I know if the number was even or odd.

I continue running like I am doing it to save my life, which in all actuality, I am. It seems I have run more on this island than I ever did back home. I was never an athlete, I was always more of a book girl than a sporty one. That doesn't mean I couldn't have done any sports, I just chose not to. My dad always bragged about how naturally athletic I was. I guess it is a gift now that I am literally running for my life.