OD: Chapter 1

Hi guys, so this is an All Time Low & Downtown Fiction fan-fic that I haven't updated in forever because I've had major writer's block with it and blegh. So I'm posting it here so that you guys can still read it :) x

---------------------------

Opposites do not attract. They distract you from everything else. Take me and Jack for example. I can't stand him, we're complete opposites but somehow he's like in love with me. He's my brother's best friend, so there's no avoiding him. There's nothing good about him and there will never be, well except his hair... But never mind that. He just has to learn that I will never learn to love him the way he loves me. Not that he'll bother to listen to me anyway.

------------------------

Chapter 1: “Do You Want Me, Dead?”

Los Angeles sun, love it. It was a peaceful afternoon on a Saturday. I was in my backyard tanning by the pool.

Before I continue, let me explain something. This isn’t a fairy tale. I don’t have a handsome movie star boyfriend with a sports car. I’m not a perfect Hollywood girl. I’m from the east coast. I only live out here cause of my brother, Alex.

Alex is in a band, he lives the carefree rock star life. I came with him to keep him company or as my mom would say, keep him somewhat sane.

Alex and I are complete opposites. We’re like Kayne West and Taylor Swift, but somehow, don’t ask me how, we get along.

Anyway, back to my tanning. So I was laying in the backyard, that I share with my brother, his band mate Rian and Rian’s girlfriend Ashlee, when Ashlee came out.

“Jack is looking for you.” She told me, putting on her sunglasses.

I rolled my eyes. Jack, Jack, Jack. “Freaken kid won’t leave me alone.” I said.

“He loves you.” Ashlee told me.

“Don’t remind me.” I said, sitting up, pulling my towel around myself. “Why is he here anyway?”

“They’re having some kind of band meeting.” Ashlee said, putting sunscreen on her shoulders.

“Why do they always have to come here?”

“Because Jack and Zack’s apartment is too small.” she said.

“Yeah but can’t they like go to a studio or somewhere else more professional?” I suggested.

“Since when do they do professional?” Ashlee asked, laughing at herself.

“True.” I put my shorts on and skipped across the hot concrete to the grass. “If I yell please come rescue me from Jack.” I told her.

“Will do.”

I slide the patio door open and let the cool air hit my skin. I threw my sunglasses on the table and walked to the kitchen where the meeting was being held.

I walked to the fridge and grabbed a water. “Hi Zack.” I smiled.

“Hey kid.” He smiled back.

“How’s Brittany?” I smirked, sitting in the seat next to him.

“I think she’s starting to like me.” Zack nodded.

“That’s a good joke.” Jack said. “Hi.” He smiled at me.

I blocked out Jack. “Does she still think you’re a perv?” I asked Zack.