OD: Chapter 4

Chapter 4: “She Knows”

Girl talk by the pool, plus Alex. We were talking about guys and their boyfriends. Surprisingly, Jack didn’t come back with us. Not that I was hoping he would, because I couldn’t stand him.

Stop thinking about him. Stupid kid distracts me from everything. Ugh, I hate him.

Anyways, we were all talking by the pool, soaking up the sun.

“So Britt,” Ashley started.

“What?”

“Why were you at rehearsal?” Ashley asked her.

“Cause I came with-” Brittany half answered. She mumbled something at the end I didn’t understand. We all looked at each other then back at her.

“With who?!" I asked.

"Who? What?” Brittany asked she was avoiding the question. Why? I had no idea.

"Who did you go to our rehearsal with?" Alex asked. He sounded annoyed.

"With umm, nobody..." She said, looking away.

"Who did you go there with?" Jenna asked her.

"Zack…” Brittany mumbled into the air. Alex's mouth dropped open, along with everyone else's.

"Really?!" Alex asked. Brittany shyly nodded. "What?! Why didn't he tell me?! He always tells me the girls he's fu-" Alex stopped himself. He then smiled and looked at Brittany. "The pretty girls he dates." he corrected himself.

"Yeah, okay, I bet he tells you everything." Brittany said, sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

"He does-"

"So wait," I said, cutting my brother off. It's not like he had anything important to say. "You guys are dating now?" I asked Brittany.

"I guess you could say that." she said as a smile appeared across her face.

"Awww!" Ashlee squealed.

Brittany laughed. "Yeah, aww is right."

“See I told you Alex!” I said.

“Told me what? Jack was the one who disagreed with you saying Brittany would learn to love Zack.” Alex said, making a face at me.

I made a face back at him. “Yeah, but Jack isn’t here for me to correct.” I said.

“So then why are you bothering me?!” Alex asked.

“What do you see in him?” I asked Nora.

Nora laughed and looked at Alex, smiling. Alex smiled, moving to sit next to Nora. He put his arm around her and smirked at me. “Leave me girlfriend alone.” He told me.

I turned to Jenna. “Why in the world would anyone agree to date him?” I asked her. She laughed and shrugged.

“I heard that.” Alex said.

“You were meant to.” I smiled at him.

“I have my reasons.” Nora said, answering my question. I shook my head.

“Anyway, how was your date?” Alex teased Ashlee.

“Fine.” Ashlee said. She wanted to smile.

“Just fine?” Alex asked.

“Yup.”

“That’s a lie.” Alex said.

“No it’s not!” Ashlee argued.