OD: Chapter 12

Chapter 12: “No Idea”

"Jack, why are you being so boring?" Brittany asked me.

I sighed, sitting up on the couch. "Because I am bored."

"Why don't you go and do something?" Zack suggested walking back into the room.

"Do what?" I asked.

"I don't know," he muttered with a shrug. “Go out with Veronica.”

I shook my head. “Dumped her.”

“Why?” He asked.

“Did you talk to her? She was an idiot.”

“So? She was hot!” Zack argued.

Brittany hit him. “Ow!” He groaned. "Go to Alex's house or something, man," He suggested.

"I can't, she hates me,” I mumbled.

“Who hates you?” Brittany asked.

“Who do you think?”

“Alex’s baby sister,” Zack teased.

I rolled my eyes. “Shut up.”

“Why do you think she hates you?” Brittany asked sweetly.

Zack started laughing. “She tells him everyday, Britt.”

“Aww, I’m sorry,” She said sympathetically. “You really like her huh?”

Zack scuffed. “He loves her.”

“No I don’t,” I argued.

“Aww, you’re blushing! Jack that’s so cute!”

Zach started laughing harder. “Aww, look at little Jacky!”

“Zach, shut the hell up,” I told him. “I just think she’s hot, that’s all. It doesn’t even matter. She hates me anyway.”

Brittany smiled at me. “It’s okay to admit that you love her, Jack.”

“Well, it’ll be pretty hard to admit something that isn’t true.”

Brittany sighed. “Alright Jack, be stubborn.”

I sighed and sank into the couch. This is so stupid. I haven’t been to Alex’s house since last week. We have a week off before we start rehearsing again and so far, I’ve been bored as hell.

“Well, we have dinner reservations, so we have to go Britt,” Zack told her.

“Dinner reservation?” I asked him. “Aww, did Zacky plan dinner out all by himself?”

“Jack, shut up,” He said with a glare.

I smirked. “Have fun on your date girls!”

Brittany smiled at me. “Have fun!” They started towards the door and I thought of something.

“Wait! Britt, come here, I have to ask you something!”

She turned around. “Yeah?”

“Didn’t you use to hate that?” I asked, referring to Zack. He glared at me.

She laughed. “Sort of.”

“Hey!” Zack said.

“Why don’t you hate him anymore?” I asked curiously.

“To be honest, I never really hated him,” She confessed.

“Then why didn’t you start dating him sooner?” That didn’t make sense. If she never hated him, why didn’t she just say when he asked her out the first time?

“Because to be honest, I was kinda of embarrassed to date him,” She said. Zack’s face fell. “But! It was only because you’re a pervert Zack,” She told him.

“I like to say that’s my best trait!” Zack argued.

I laughed. “So why did you finally say yes to him?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe because after a while he just left me alone.”

“And that worked?”

“Yeah. When he was bothering me, it was really annoying.”

“Hmm, interesting,” I said as I thought. Maybe that would work with- nah, it wouldn’t.

“Why don’t you try that with Dominique?” She suggested.

“What? Be a perv like Zack?” I asked with a smirk.

Brittany rolled her eyes and shook her head. “No, I mean leave her alone.”

Zack laughed. “He can’t. He’s already slowly going insane now and it’s only been like two days.”

I glared at him. “For how long?” I asked her.

“Like a week,” She suggested. “Since you have this week off, don’t talk to her or go over there until next Monday or Tuesday.”

I sighed. “Okay, fine, I’ll try,” I said honest. Whatever will get her to like me, right?

“Maybe, if you’re lucky, she’ll miss you being around and annoying her,” She said with a smile. “And if that happens, that means she’ll be thinking about!”

“I doubt it. She has that stupid Jason kid,” I muttered.

“Who’s Jason?”

“His dad works for us, sound tech or something,” Zack said. “And she likes him,” He added.

I rolled my eyes. “And Alex isn’t too fond of it.”

“So are they dating?” Brittany asked.

“If they are, nobody knows,” Zack said.

I scuffed. “They’re secretly dating,” I told them. “Don’t tell Alex, he’d kill her and then she’d kill me.”

“You want her attention, don’t you?” Zack laugh.

“Not like that, asshole.”

“So, as I was saying,” Brittany started, “Just don’t come in contact with her and she just may want you and not Jason.”

“I’ll try it, just for you Britt,” I said with a smile.

Zack rolled his eyes. “Ready to go?” He asked her.

She smiled and nodded. “Good luck, Jack.”

“I’ll need it,” I mumbled as I turned the TV on.

“Bye!” They called as they walked out the door.

I sighed. Just one week. It was worth a shot. Just to get her to possibly think of me. But if it failed, whatever, she has the stupid Jason kid.

This is going to be a long ass week my friends.