OD: Chapter 2

Chapter 2: “Bad Enough For You”

“Someone’s downstairs for you.” I heard Alex say. I opened my eyes slowly. The light was like the sun, piercing my pupils. The clock said 8:30.

“Who?” I groaned.

“You’re favorite person in the whole wide world.” Alex said, he was smiling that evil smile of his.

“Tell Jack to go away.” I told him.

Alex laughed as he asked, “How did you know it was him?”

“You’re stupid smile gave it away.” I told him, pulling the covers over my head.

“Well, he’s gonna come up here weather you like it or not.” Alex said.

“Jack’s coming up the stairs.” Ashlee said as she pasted my door.

I jumped out of bed and ran to shut my door but I was too late.

Jack stopped me with his hand. “Hey sexy.” He smirked. “Your ass look good in those shorts.” he winked.

“What?!” I yelled.

“Whoa!” Alex said to Jack.

“Thank you!” I said to Alex. “Move.” I said, pushing past Jack.

“What happened?” Rian asked.

“I’m going to vomit.” I told him, shutting the bathroom door behind me.

“What?!” Jack asked Alex.

“Why are you calling my little sister sexy and looking at her ass?!” Alex asked.

“Cause I’m trying out the badass thing to see if she’ll fall for me.” Jack explained.

“I think you’re making it worse…” Alex said.

“I know.” Jack sighed.

“Well maybe if you stopped maybe, just maybe she’ll learn to tolerate you.” Alex said.

“You don’t know that.” Jack argued.

“I think I do.” Alex assured him. Alex walked out of my room. Jack followed. “She hates it when guys change to impress her. Like you and your ‘badass’ get up you got going on, that’s not gonna fly.” Alex said.

“So I should be myself?” Jack asked.

Alex paused and turned around. “Yeah, but a more improved you.”

“What do you mean?” Jack asked.

“I don’t know! Think. Stop asking me so many damn questions! Holy crap!” Alex said to him.

“Whatever.” Jack said, throwing himself on the couch.

“Anyway! You going to the Downtown Fiction party later?” Alex asked him.

“That’s tonight?!” Rian asked.

“Yup.” Alex said.

“Nope, I’m not going. I’m gonna sit at home and mope.” Jack announced.

“Fine. I think Dominique was gonna go.” Alex said to him.

Jack sat up. “Really?” he asked.

“No, I just wanted to see what you would do.” Alex laughed.

“Whatever.” Jack said.

“Damnit I can't go." Rian said.

"Why?" Jack asked.