OD: Chapter 10

Chapter 10: “Daydream Away”

{Jack’s POV}

After I was done talking to Dominique I went home, but I had nothing to do since Zack and Brittany were on a date. So I sat and watched TV, then suddenly there was a knock on the door.

I looked at the clock. It was already seven thirty. Wow. I was watching TV for like four hours? I shrugged, whatever.

I got up and opened the door to Dominique. “Hi.” She said with a smile.

“Hi?” I was confused, what was she doing here?

“Ready for our date?” She asked.

Wait, what? Did she say a date?! “Our date?” I asked her.

“Yeah, our date.” She said. “You okay Jack?” She asked, moving my hair and feeling my forehead, seeing if I had a temperature.

“What? Yeah I’m fine.” I said, moving her hand. “Since when did we have a date?” I asked.

“Well, technically, I just kinda randomly planned this.” She said, looking down.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well, when you left I realized that I wanted to date you instead of Jason.” She explained. “So I canceled with him and here I am.” she smiled.

“Really?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, I really like you Jack.” She was blushing, looking down at her feet.

I smiled. “I really like you too.” I told her. I knew she liked me.

“Well, then lets go.” She said. “I don’t want to miss the movie.” She grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.

In almost no time we were at the movies. We went to see a movie and then walked around the mall. She was holding my hand the whole time.

She was talking about the tour and how she was so excited because she was gonna be spending the whole summer with me. I smiled and nodded. I was happy too.

“This is really fun.” She told me.

I smiled and nodded. “Yeah, it really is.” I really was having a good time. “So…”

“What?” she asked.

“So how long have you liked me?” I asked randomly.

She smiled, wrapping her arms around my waist. “I think I just always liked you Jack, I just never said so.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Really?”

“Yeah.” she nodded.

“How come you didn’t tell me until today?” I asked. We could have been together this whole time.

“I don’t know.” She shrugged. “Maybe because you’re friends with my brother and everything, it would have been weird.”

“Does Alex know?” I asked.

“Nope, he thinks I’m with Jenna.” She smirked. “He has no idea.”

I grinned. “So we’re gonna keep this a secret?”

“Yup.”

“Are we going to tell him eventually?” I asked.

“Maybe. But we have to make sure there are witnesses around. Alex is really protective and stuff.”

I laughed. “Yeah, we’ll I think he’ll be happy that you’re not dating Jason.”

“Ha, yeah, tell me about it.” She said shaking her head. I smiled and we continued our date.