OD: Chapter 5

Chapter 5: “That Girl”

“Your best buddy is here.” I told Alex as I sat down next to him on a towel.

“Did you say hi?” Alex asked, with a smirk on his face.

“Nope.” I popped the ‘P’ and smiled.

“Why not? You’re his best friend!” he told me.

“No, I’m not his best friend.” I told him. “I’m not his friend.” I mumbled to myself.

“Huh? What was that?” Alex asked, turning his ear towards me.

I rolled my eyes. He really gets me angry. If only you could pick your family. “Shut up.”

“Make me.” Alex challenged. I glared at him and he grinned. “So where is Jack anyway?” he asked.

“Still inside, I think he’s talking to Jenna.” I told him.

Alex gasped. “Is she stealing your man?” he asked.

“I’m going to punch you.” I told Alex.

I felt myself being pulled towards Rian. “No violence.” He whispered in my ear.

I smirked at him. “No promises.”

Rian chuckled and kissed my cheek. “I’m serious; I’m not taking anyone to the hospital.” He told me.

“You mean you’re not taking Alex to the hospital?” I asked, innocently.

Rian smiled at me. “No, I mean both of you.”

“No Alex-”

“I can hear you.” Alex cut me off. He was now staring at me.

“What are you looking at?” I asked him, not breaking eye contact.

“Your ugly face.” Alex smiled, still staring. “What are you looking at?” He asked me, obnoxiously.

“Trying to figure out why people put up with you.” I explained with a smile.

“Because I’m the pretty one.” Alex smirked.

“As pretty as a monkey’s ass.” I smiled.

"Where the hell did you hear that?” Alex asked, still staring at me.

“I used that one on Jack.” I told him.

“Clever.”

“I know.”

“You two are something else.” Brittany pointed out.

{Jack’s POV}

“Why do you always walk in at the wrong times?” Jenna asked me.

What? What is she talking about? “What are you talking about?” I asked her.

“Nothing, it doesn’t matter anymore.” Jenna said. I looked at her funny. “It’s nothing Jack. Forget it.” She told me. “Come, let’s go outside.” She said started walking outside.

This was going to bother me now. I grabbed her arm and stopped her. “What?” She asked.

“What were you two talking about that I disturbed?” I asked her.

“Me and Dominique?” Jenna asked. I nodded. She looked away from me. “Nothing…” She said as she spaced out.

“What are you not telling me?” I asked her. She still wasn’t looking at me. “Come on, we’re best friends, you can tell me.” I said.