Too Late Part Two

Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Fem!Reader

Written: May 26th, 2021

Posted: May 28th, 2021

Warning: None.

Word Count: 1,039

"Y/N, this is Agnes." He motioned to her with his free hand. "My girlfriend."

Gasping, your jaw fell open. Gaping at the couple, you were overwhelmed with confusion. Gazing between Bucky and Agnes, you felt your heartbreaking. Tears beginning to well up in your eyes.

"I...I have to go." Whirling around on your heels, you rushed back to the compound as tears raced down your cheeks. Your body began shaking as you lost control of your emotions.

Bucky turned to Agnes with a frown. His eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"It's okay, baby." She cooed placing a chaste kiss on his lips. "She'll be on board soon enough."

Racing through the compound, you were sobbing quietly. Jogging to your room, you shut the door leaning against it falling to the ground. Your head gently hit the wood with a soft 'thud'.

As the day went on, you weren't sure what time it was. Your mind went blank as you began getting up from the stop you had spent most of the day in. Glancing out of your window, you were greeted with the midnight sky.

Sighing, you felt your stomach rumble. Assuming it was late enough, you made your way to the kitchen.

Moving about you got some food to munch on. Sitting at the kitchen island, you were engrossed with subsiding the hunger feeling.

"Y/N?" Bucky's voice questioned.

Halting your movements, you gazed at him with widened eyes.

"What are you doing up?"

Not bothering to respond, you resumed eating hoping if you didn't respond, that he would leave you alone.

"Y/N?" He furrowed his eyebrows together. "Did....Did I do something wrong?" He questioned standing before you at the opposite side of the kitchen island.

Gazing at Bucky, you gaped at him slightly. "Do...Do you not remember?"

"What are you talking about?" He questioned as a confused expression etched along his features.

"You and Agnes..." You trailed off.

Snorting, he shook his head. "I don't like Agnes."

"Then why are you dating her?"