PROLOGUE

"The King is dead."

A symphony of mourning whisper embraced us all. I had goosebumps. Death... death is in air in the new era, roaming and knocking in everyone's door, and the King was chosen.

Everyone lost their posture realizing what is happening inside the dark throne of the palace. Under her grace was a venom that could loose anyone's voice.

They gasp for air.

"You heard it right. The King passed away."

Why? Was all I can think at the moment. Nothing went straight into my mind. Her words and revelation was like a mixture of vodka and run. I intensely stared at the empty seat of the King. I look around and glance at the three prince seated calmly at their spaces. No sign of sorrow can be seen in their own worlds.

He is dead.

After seconds of accepting truth. They all looked at the Queen, the only witness of the death.

"Pardon me. What was the reason, your highness?" Asked by Infanta with courage, a player from Euphoria. The 4 minister standing infront of the throne didn't like her interruption, but was quickly adjourned by the Queen.

"All is well," she spat with politeness and gentleness. Stating that no matter what the situation, she will always look classy. "I will pay attention to everyone's question regarding the sudden death of our King." She jerked at Infanta. "The cause of his death is due to his heart condition."

Ngayon ko lang nalaman na may sakit ang nakaraang Hari, pinagdadamot kasi nila ang impormasyon sa mga Gredorman. Wala naman daw kaming maitutulong.

"This is an open secret for all of us. We know that the King is sick the moment he sat on the throne. But, my apologies, we never told you about his grewing symptoms this passed few months, however it is also for your sake. We don't want to provoke trouble since the Tournament had started."

"But it is all done. He passed away. Please respect whatever his last will is. And if you're asking treachery about this aspect, we'll find out if the there was crime done to our King." She look everyone at us. "But what's important for now is to have a formal funeral and wake for the late King. This incident will be published once everything is fallen in place. In addition, I'd like to talk with the players."

"What do you mean speak with the players, my Queen?" Conveyed of the minister who asked.

"Yes, I do need to speak with them for the upcoming ceremonies."

"And when was the ceremony planned?" He added. The Queen pressed her lips together in glamour.

Butler Weston butt in. "The Queen will not permit anymore questions about the plan for the coronation."

More and more forehead creased. "Wait, c-coronation?"

"The Queen will not answer anything regarding the issue," diin pa ng butler na diretso ang tingin. Nadama kong nag-init ang atmospira sa loob dahil sa pagbabalewala nila sa tanong ng isa sa pinaka-mataas na ministro ng buong Carzuela. But in the end, he's still low in the eyes of the Queen, so he shut with a heavy face.

"I'm sorry for the disturbance," he apologized.

Tila naman nawala kaming mga manlalaro sa biglaang init. 'Di ko inasahan na ganito pala ang nangyayare sa pag-uusap ng mga matataas na pulitikano sa kaharian. Madilim, laging nagtataasan, walang gustong magpatama at magpatalo, lahat bida.

"Let's continue the partial talk for the upcoming events these days."

He said... events?

I shut my eyes for a split second to reboot my mind on that events. I am having this weird feeling that what's ahead of us will not be that genuine.